Trainz Plus upgrade

rhban

So today my Trainz Plus upgraded itself yet again, this time to 122776. I can't work out yet whether anything has changed, so it would be nice if we got a sentence with each upgrade mentioning the major changes.
I still haven't begun a new route, because I still cannot find or create a water level effect layer. It used to be there below Ground Height, etc. but for a while there has been nothing and my efforts at creating one keep telling me "This effect type is disabled...changes will not be visible in the world".

Good Afternoon Rhban
This build that you have updated to is the latest beta test build. Each beta test build is announced in our beta forum here: https://forums.auran.com/forums/trs22-trainz-plus-beta.117/

In regards to the water effect layer, if you create a new route, then use the 'add' effect layer option, are you able to then add a water effect layer (the same as adding other effect layers)? Note that water effect layers do count toward your effect layer data, so if editing a route with existing effect layers, there may be limited data available.

Regards

Good Afternoon Rhban
This build that you have updated to is the latest beta test build. Each beta test build is announced in our beta forum here: https://forums.auran.com/forums/trs22-trainz-plus-beta.117/

In regards to the water effect layer, if you create a new route, then use the 'add' effect layer option, are you able to then add a water effect layer (the same as adding other effect layers)? Note that water effect layers do count toward your effect layer data, so if editing a route with existing effect layers, there may be limited data available.

Regards
So with the old game we had water, but now it's an optional extra? Where is "add effect layer"? I can find "effect layers" and "edit', but I haven't seen "add'.

If you are using S2.0
Click on the + next to effect layers. Enter a name and click on turf fx to change to water. You can have multiple water layers so you could have rough seas or flat mill ponds on the same route.
If you are in classic it is still in the same place.

Back