Trainz Payware content transfer inquiry form TANE to TRS19

davies_mike57

Train Simulator Hobbyist
Trainz members:

Recently one did a basic standard installation of TRS19 from the Steam site.
I have downloaded some of the payware routes from Trainz DLS and installed OK.
Very impressed with the product especially the Sebino Lake, Italy route and sessions.

One can also download the old and new version Niddertalbahn or old and new version Cornish Mainline routes if desired.

In the TRS 2019 main page (content store purchased tab) I see some unidentified items as follows:

simc:sc025
simc:sc236
simc:sc276
simc:sc297
simc:sc491

There is no description of what these payware items are (just a blank picture) ?

Now if I go to the TANE Trainz content folder /resources/builtin/ I find these listed files are already downloaded in the TANE folder.

So I believe that they are payware items that was purchased for TANE. (One may be the S & Carlisle route)

Instead of re-downloading these files again (very large file sizes) can I someway transfer them into the TRS19 resources/ builtin folder and install ?

Or does one recommend a clean install along with the other simc:xxxx files found in the TANE user folders.

The purpose of this inquiry is to save unnecessary prepaid broadband data downloads.

Regards
davies_mike57

stagecoach:
The list is very informative regarding the inbuilt packages and payware additions.
So practically anything in TANE purchased can be re-downloaded into the TRS19 if desired.
As an experiment one will be downloading the simc:SC297 - ECML Kings Cross route batch files into the TRS19 because the layout might run better.
Regards
davies_mike57

You will need to download them. DLC comes in packages and are not transferable because they are payware. A list of DLC packs with ID and names are available at
https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

That's strange because I cut and pasted some of the DLC folders from the packages folder in one of my other TRS19 installs over to my Steam TS2019 install and all was fine after I did a DBR. They were the same DLC that were a part of the Steam install so I would imagine that's why I didn't have any problems.
I tried downloading via the content store, but the files were constantly corrupted and incomplete no matter what I did so that's when I resorted to the cut and paste method.

That's strange because I cut and pasted some of the DLC folders from the packages folder in one of my other TRS19 installs over to my Steam TS2019 install and all was fine after I did a DBR. They were the same DLC that were a part of the Steam install so I would imagine that's why I didn't have any problems.
I tried downloading via the content store, but the files were constantly corrupted and incomplete no matter what I did so that's when I resorted to the cut and paste method.

He was going from Tane to TRS19.

Back