Trainz 2009 Content Manager

FireLion12Yes

Hello Everyone,

I have just recently got Trainz 2009 from the Auran Newsletter subscription for free, and I installed it, and I wanted to install some content to it. So I opened Content manager and I waited for it to load, but nothing, It froze but the application is still responding, I don't know what happened but it has froze. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me what to do, Cheers

FireLion12Yes

Hello Everyone,

I have just recently got Trainz 2009 from the Auran Newsletter subscription for free, and I installed it, and I wanted to install some content to it. So I opened Content manager and I waited for it to load, but nothing, It froze but the application is still responding, I don't know what happened but it has froze. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me what to do, Cheers

FireLion12Yes

This is an outside possibility, but do you have the correct graphics settings? Start>Options>Display Settings: If "OpenGL" is selected try "DirectX" or vice versa.

Best wishes,

:B~)

If Windows, bring up File Explorer and click on "This Computer" on the left. It will show you all of your drives and how much is in them.

DirectX

Usually One should install the directX that comes with the game installation disk, however the TS 2009 is a digital download and directX 9C is needed as mentioned above.
Also one can try and run the TS 2009 executable file in Windows compatible mode.
I had no problem at all when running this downloadable freeware game in Windows 7.

Last edited:
Run TS2009 with administrator rights. To do that

- Right-click on the icon.
- Choose properties
- Click on compatibility mode.
- Check the box for run as administrator.

You will then be prompted every time you start.

Go into Trainz options and set the graphics to DirectX.

You will still need DirectX 09C.

Don't get it from any other source than Microsoft because others can contain viruses and other malware.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Back