Trainz 2009 and 2010 - missing assets?

deathletter

Okay... I bought the Trainz simulator 2 pack. I installed the 2009 addition and then I installed the 2010 edition as an add on. When I am in surveyor mode I have no tunnels to choose from. When I am in the content manager, DS shows that some tunnels are already built in. I have the Trainz 2004 addition and I know it had at least one tunnel in surveyor.

1. Should I have installed the 2010 addition of Trainz as a stand alone install?
2. Where can I find the built in tunnels?

Kind Regards,
C

Make sure that both serials are showing in the launcher options however, more likely this, in 2010 you need to go into the Surveyor options and untick show only favourite content, also need to unselect the Gold Star on the route menu or you won't see all the routes.

I think the problem may be more serious than that. You should not install TS2010 as an addon to TS2009. Uninstall it and install TS2010 and TS2009 separately (not as an addon) then read my guide at http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/importing-content---the-different-methods - the bit you need to read is the Copying Built-in files from an earlier version, and it needs to be the TS2009 built-in files into TS2010 not the other way round.

Shane

Thank you clam1952. The tip about unticking show only favorite content worked. I now have many tunnels showing up. I'm not sure where the gold star on the route menu is. I have more than 40 routes to choose from so I am not sure if I'm supposed to have more than that showing up.....

Thanks for the info Shane. When I installed 2010, I'm not sure why I would be given the option to install it as an add on if that was going to cause problems. I'm far from being a techno-wizard and I'm afraid that I will lose the content from the DS and the Payware items that I have purchased.....

It's good to see that you have resolved the issue, although my only concern is patching related. However, if you do need to reinstall at any point, simply back up the <trainz install folder>/UserData folder to another location then re-import it after reinstalling.

Shane

Back