Trainz 2006 collector edition

LMSfan

Ive had problems with it , I tried the Software on 3 different machines each with a different version of Windows , result the same . My own PC runs Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit , It just crashed the system , I tried the software on XP and Vista and Windows 2000, XP wouldn't entertain it nothing runs on vista . So Im gonna look for Trains 2010+ , as long as it works with Windows 7 64 bit . I am about to update the Graphics card from 512mb (Nvidia G-force GTS 8400) , thinking that could be the problem but everything else works ok . I no longer have the software , I do know 2008/09 works with Windows 7 32 bit & 64 bit once again I don't have the software . Any advice on what to do next ????

TS2010 and TS12 run fine with Windows 7. Just ensure you install and run it as administrator.

I agree your video card is a bit on the older side. Look at something like a GTS 560 or above for good performance. Just ensure you have a good power supply to support the video card and your computer case can handle the upgrade. Sometimes cases are too small to fit both the newer video card and power supply because they're customized by the manufacturer. HP and Dell are notorious for this.

John

I had no problems running TRS04 and TRS06 on WinXP SP2 amd SP3 and later on with Win7 (dual boot) with a Nvidia G-force GTS 8400 a few years ago. Perhaps you will need to update the NVidia driver? I know, the Nvidia G-force GTS 8400 is now a bit long in the tooth, as John suggested a new Graphic Card should do the trick.

Also switching from DirectX to OpenGL or versa might help.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Back