Train items listed in red but not in red in content manager

Alco_P-A

Reinstalled 2019 Build #117009 and a list of locos and rolling stock show in red in trains menu but when I look in manage content they show ok and not in red. What is going on? Here's the list:
PRR J1 Engine
PRR J1 No Shadow Tender
NYC Sleeper Maumee River
NYC J1 Hudson Tender 5344
NYC J1 Tender Hudson 5400
USRA Light Pacific Tender
Milw S-3 Versions 1,2,3

Alco_P-A

Last edited:
Have you tried a DBR?

If that doesn't work, try a EDBR by pressing the CTRL-key when selecting rebuild database.

The issue may actually be a dependency and not the asset. Right-click and view dependencies and look for a faulty asset.

Are these DLS assets, or are they built-in?

Can you provide the KUIDs?

Go into Content Manager and list the assets. Highlight them, press CTRL-C and paste into a forum post here. It doesn't matter whether they appear okay.

This will help us check these assets.

To add a twist to all of this on another laptop I have 2019 with same build #117009 which was installed a couple of years ago and the same locos and rolling stock have nothing missing or in red at all. 2019 was installed on both computers from my trainz account. How could this be? In my train menu the USRA light pacific tender is in red, however if I look in manage content list there's nothing wrong and it's a built in item.

Last edited:
To add a twist to all of this on another laptop I have 2019 with same build #117009 which was installed a couple of years ago and the same locos and rolling stock have nothing missing or in red at all. 2019 was installed on both computers from my trainz account. How could this be? In my train menu the USRA light pacific tender is in red, however if I look in manage content list there's nothing wrong and it's a built in item.

Go to the content store and download the updates. This may be your problem here.

Looked in the content store and none of my locos or rolling stock that i'm having problems with were listed. Clicked the updates and nothing came however on my other pc I do have update content show up but of no interest to me. It is strange to me that I have 2019 installed on two pc's and the one pc with 2019 has no issues and the other one with 2019 does. Both have same build #117009 and it's also strange that in the problem pc with 2019 the trains menu has all sorts of locos and rolling stock that are in red but in content manager they all show no red or problems with them. I just don't understand what's going on here.
:(

Last edited:
You should download the updates anyway. Some steam assets were updated from what I remember.

Again, I ask what are the KUIDs of these assets?

This really helps us troubleshoot the issue for you.

Well good news. Finally uninstalled 2019 and reinstalled and now everything is good. Sometimes Trainz just test your patients. Glad I got some. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions on this. Much appreciated.

Back