trackmarks

sardon

When You have a large layout with multiple trackmarks how do you remember where they all are and what they are numbered when you are giving orders to your drivers? My memory is not that good. Seems like there must be some way to do it (other than remembering)

Don

I guess that would work but if you have a dozen or more it still requires more memory than I have. I WILL try that though. Thanks

Don

Trackmarks

Hi Sardon,

As john259 says, "trackmarks can be given meaningfull names" They can also be re-numbered. I usually divide a layout in to sections and number the trackmarks according to the section they are in. For example the first section I renumber has trackmarks numbered from 1 - 19, odd numbers heading south even numbers heading north. Next section numbers from 20 - 39 odd and even numbers as before, next section 40 - 59 etc. etc.
This means when I check where each driver is by hovering the mouse pointer over his icon I can tell what section he is in and where he is going to next as well as if he is loaded or empty.

Hope this helps,
Bill69.

Hi,

One of my layouts must have very near 100 trackmarks, but they are all named accordingly to where they are or where they head to.

Examples, TM-MainlineW-01, TM-MainlineS-01, TM-ToSmokeyRangesW-01.

TM: This tells me that they are trackmarks.

MainlineW: This tells me that they are on the Mainline heading West.

MainlineS: As above but heading South.

ToSmokeyRangesW: This tells me that they are heading To Smokey Ranges West.

01: This is number 1, there could be 2 or 3 depending on how many tracks there are.

Hope this helps some... :)

How about looking on the mini map?

How about looking on the mini map? I often do this to orient myself with a route I am not familiar with or haven't run in a while.

You could also put a sign - I use Platform Sign 1a Xtra Large KUID:61119:28055
Use whilst setting up a driver and sink it below ground if you don't want to see it during running. Has the advantage that the name is visible in Surveyor even though you haven't got trackmark mode selected.
If not using a sign can also place Balls x2 where the trackmark is KUID:36713:23303 so can see it in Driver
Also use Balls x3 for triggers.

Segy

When You have a large layout with multiple trackmarks how do you remember where they all are and what they are numbered when you are giving orders to your drivers? My memory is not that good. Seems like there must be some way to do it (other than remembering)

Don

Name them after the industries/towns/cities/distinguishing features they are near.

regards

Harry

Back