TR22 Build 122418

jhdale65

I've been using trainz since 2006, 2009, 2010, TANE, 2019 not forgetting TC3 and I bought this heap and nothing but problems Very disappointing. Same as others Crashing to desktop. When adding commands to drivers using Schedule commands, save then when returning to add another drivers commands recent work shows for a few seconds then disappears and stuck at loading drivers please wait. I wait for ever.
Computer specs are:
win 11 pro 64bit
Intel Core I7 9700F
32GB RAM
AORUS ELITE -CF Motherboard
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080m Ti
Boot Samsung SSD 970 EVO plus 2TB

I am sure this machine is adequate

I have Trainz Plus build 122411 so I am uncertain as to the differences (if any).

One point of confusion in your post - "adding commands to drivers using Schedule commands".

In Trainz Plus there are now 3 (possibly 4) places where commands or "schedule commands" can be added.
  1. The Driver Command Bar at the bottom of the Driver Screen - this has existed since TRS19
  2. The Driver Setup Rule in the Session Editor in Surveyor
  3. The Driver Control Center/Driver Properties Window in both Surveyor and Driver - this is part of the upcoming TLR and while it is working it is still a WIP. The commands entered here will appear in the Driver Command Bar but not in the Driver Setup Rule.
  4. ...and possibly the Schedule Window in Driver - again this is part of the TLR but, as yet, does not appear to do anything
I have had no problems, certainly nothing like you have described, using methods 1 to 3 to enter Driver Commands. Your system specs are more than adequate.

I have Trainz Plus build 122411 so I am uncertain as to the differences (if any).

One point of confusion in your post - "adding commands to drivers using Schedule commands".

In Trainz Plus there are now 3 (possibly 4) places where commands or "schedule commands" can be added.
  1. The Driver Command Bar at the bottom of the Driver Screen - this has existed since TRS19
  2. The Driver Setup Rule in the Session Editor in Surveyor
  3. The Driver Control Center/Driver Properties Window in both Surveyor and Driver - this is part of the upcoming TLR and while it is working it is still a WIP. The commands entered here will appear in the Driver Command Bar but not in the Driver Setup Rule.
  4. ...and possibly the Schedule Window in Driver - again this is part of the TLR but, as yet, does not appear to do anything
I have had no problems, certainly nothing like you have described, using methods 1 to 3 to enter Driver Commands. Your system specs are more than adequate.
Thankyou Pware for your reply.
The main problem is that when I create a session I add the Schedule Lib and add the driver instructions for AI.
I add the copy commands from Library.
All is well , until I enter the driver setup a second time to add more . and
The instructions and driver are there for a second then they disappear, and a mess informs me that:
Quote "Driver Setup Rule"
"The following drivers will be available click on a driver photo to change driver"
Populating default drivers , please wait"

Unfortunately I can wait all day nothing happens.
I have never encountered this before. in all the years I have been playing with Trainz
I am at a loss. Bye the way this only happened after buying TRS 22.
Only thing I can think of is that things have been changed and I have not grasped Them.

Thanks again jhdale65

Must be totally in the session rule side because so for, in the route building side, Trainz22PE has been rock solid (122418) Making multiple bulk changes in 2.0 and while it might appear to be stuck, eventually it comes back with the changes made.
The major changes have been cleaning up the splines created in TransDEM which tend to have too many spline joints plus separating splines for buildings so that they had square corners.

Must be totally in the session rule side because so for, in the route building side, Trainz22PE has been rock solid (122418) Making multiple bulk changes in 2.0 and while it might appear to be stuck, eventually it comes back with the changes made.
The major changes have been cleaning up the splines created in TransDEM which tend to have too many spline joints plus separating splines for buildings so that they had square corners.
Replace assets is extremely slow in 122411 and relations. This was fixed in the beta.

I also am continuing to have issues since the update to TRS122418 and have a open bug report with the support staff at Auran.
It is a nightmare for me as I have put over 20 years into achieving my current routes and sessions.
Routes appear to be ok however when running session(s) I experience CTD and Frozen PC after a short time running.
Still working on it.

There is something I've noticed. When running an older session that is still in an older Trainz build-version, things can get weird. By opening the session and resaving again in the new Trainz version, the session runs better.

I'm running the plain old 22 with the latest build number 122418. I did have the plus version for a year, but like plain 22 so far. I haven't had any of the problems mentioned above but maybe it's in plus version?

Last edited:
I'm running the plain old 22 with the latest build number. I did have the plus version for a year, but like plain 22 so far. I haven't had any of the problems mentioned above but maybe it's in plus version?
Could be... While the Plus version is very much TRS22, there's a lot of other stuff bolted on that could be an issue. Who knows though because we don't have that kind of granular access to the code to find out any differences.

The 'Resource Verify Rule (fixed)' appears to need another fix as it doesn't appear to communicate properly with the MINs and Industries.
The whole session grinds to a halt with consists waiting to be called forward.
With a single industry a session works ok but perhaps it gets overwhelmed with 20 plus.
And now my office chair is sinking, coming out in sympathy I think! :)

Could be... While the Plus version is very much TRS22, there's a lot of other stuff bolted on that could be an issue. Who knows though because we don't have that kind of granular access to the code to find out any differences.
TRS22 Build 122418 was a tiny patch that appears to have done little more than add code to enable the instant update of TRS22 SP2 to TRS22 PE upon purchase of the Platinum Edition or renewal of a membership to annual status. So the Platinum code was already there it just wasn't activated by your membership status. Interstingly, while I haven't found any features that are TRS22 only, many features are limited versions of features in Trainz Plus. Such as MPS which is really just a demo version of MPS in TP. Surveyor 2.0 is also more like it was back in the Spring before HD Terrain was added to TP with perhaps a few bug fixes. There is the HD Compatibility Mode in Driver which opens routes created in TP with HD Terrain in a sort of better looking than regular 5m grid appearance. hard to describe what they look like really. A smoother version of 5m maybe. The effect disappears if you save the route in TRS22 as they are saved in 5m grid format.

TRS22 Build 122418 was a tiny patch that appears to have done little more than add code to enable the instant update of TRS22 SP2 to TRS22 PE upon purchase of the Platinum Edition or renewal of a membership to annual status. So the Platinum code was already there it just wasn't activated by your membership status. Interstingly, while I haven't found any features that are TRS22 only, many features are limited versions of features in Trainz Plus. Such as MPS which is really just a demo version of MPS in TP. Surveyor 2.0 is also more like it was back in the Spring before HD Terrain was added to TP with perhaps a few bug fixes. There is the HD Compatibility Mode in Driver which opens routes created in TP with HD Terrain in a sort of better looking than regular 5m grid appearance. hard to describe what they look like really. A smoother version of 5m maybe. The effect disappears if you save the route in TRS22 as they are saved in 5m grid format.
Basically, these are lite versions of what Plus users get.

I can see the reverting enhanced 5-meter grid causing a lot of disappointment for Platinum users when they save HD routes. Why not keep the enhanced 5-meter grid for that version and allow Plus users the option of using an enhanced 5-meter grid as well as full HD if they want? The code is already there, right! This would allow for compatibility across both versions rather than what now appears to be a forced upgrade path with demo versions for the "regular" users. In some ways, this reminds me of the old demoware programs we used to pick up at computer shows. The features are there but are good for 30 days, or other times the enhanced features are there and limited. The worst case is the more useful features are greyed out and when clicked on a big pop-up appears with a message saying "For access to the enhanced features, upgrade to the full version by going to: www.we-sell-crappy-sofware-and-we-know-it!.com" (fake URL).

I feel the stratification of this program is something we've never seen before and is only getting worse with each version that comes out.

Anyway, sorry for the segue to a rant!

The code may be there, but there's always a risk of some bug making its way in there too. We've seen this before.

Back