The "Red Arrow Lines" (Philadelphia Suburban Transportation Company)

Blutorse4792

Now T:ANE I can get into
I've always had a very cursory knowledge of the Red Arrow due to the Electroliner connection, but I picked up Ronald DeGraw's book last July and I've just now gotten around to reading it. I must say, the Red Arrow was a neat little company and I'm particularly intrigued with the old Philadelphia & Western route (a.k.a. the Norristown High-Speed Line). The funny thing is, I've never actually been to Philadelphia or seen the modern SEPTA lines in person (let alone ridden on them).

Do we have any other fans of the Red Arrow on here?
Any other resources (e.g. books/videos) you would recommend?

I'm a fan of all Philly-area transit. I have the book but haven't read much of it yet, and have ridden the NSHL several times. It's an interesting line. There is currently on the table a plan for an extension to the King of Prussia area. SEPTA has gone so far as to meet with community groups, I'd say about a year or two ago.

I also worked in Norristown, although I commuted on the former R-6. Its pretty cool to see the interaction of commuter rail, heavy transit and freight all in one spot at the Norristown Transportation Center.

Back