The future of Trainz using an AR headset.

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
https://www.tiltfive.com/

The video says it all. The cost isn't bad for the hardware considering what it is. Imagine if N3V could implement something like this for Trainz. Imagine building a route or driving a model railroad using something like this.

What made me think of this was the games with animated characters moving through a forest and town.

I feel like making Trainz in VR as like a mix of Derail Valley VR for Driver and Rolling Line for Surveyor could be really cool. Making a route could feel like making an actual model layout, and then it would be really nice to have a smooth transition to Cab View (but that's up to content creators of course). We already have a Walk camera in TRS19PE+ so part of it already exists.

I have a feeling in a few years when the Apple Vision headsets get a cheaper model N3V might begin developing Trainz VR, and since it also has AR you can make two things in one product. Make the route in AR, drive in VR

I feel like making Trainz in VR as like a mix of Derail Valley VR for Driver and Rolling Line for Surveyor could be really cool. Making a route could feel like making an actual model layout, and then it would be really nice to have a smooth transition to Cab View (but that's up to content creators of course). We already have a Walk camera in TRS19PE+ so part of it already exists.

I have a feeling in a few years when the Apple Vision headsets get a cheaper model N3V might begin developing Trainz VR, and since it also has AR you can make two things in one product. Make the route in AR, drive in VR
Yes, that's what I was thinking when I saw the video.

The now obsolete HoloLens from Microsoft was the forerunner of this technology and would've been suitable as well but the systems were way too expensive and had their own computer built in that wasn't very powerful. Using a tethered device to a more powerful desktop and graphics card is the way to go.

Back