Surveyor keeps freezing in T:ANE

lawnmower500

Surveyor keeps randomly freezing in T:ANE, I've disabled texture streaming and tried running in win7 compatability mode (I'm on windows 11) and nothing works

I had similar problems in T:ANE and TRS19 even with a really fast graphics card, SSD's, Win10 and Win11 etc. In Surveyor (and several video games by other companies) it would be very slow to respond to positional movements and rotations.

The solution for me was to change from a WiFi keyboard to a keyboard with a wire/USB connection. Now everything responds instantly.

If an Extended Database Rebuild has not fixed it, you might check your system for file errors.

Open a command prompt and run SFC.EXE /scannow. It will take a little while depending on your system. When it is done, your system files should all be healthy.

:B~)

If an Extended Database Rebuild has not fixed it, you might check your system for file errors.

Open a command prompt and run SFC.EXE /scannow. It will take a little while depending on your system. When it is done, your system files should all be healthy.

:B~)
I've tried both, and it still freezes randomly, It usually freezes when placing/moving splines, or selecting objects

In your antivirus program, exclude your TANE data folder and your program folder and .exe from antivirus scanning. Trainz files are constantly accessed by the program especially in Surveyor and antivirus programs have a field day scanning each and every file as it's accessed. This may not solve the problem 100% but it will help.

You might want to try increasing your virtual memory (page file) size. I set mine to 4x my installed memory.

I've run TANE recently to test assets and have no issues with it running under Windows 11 and like all my Trainz installs, I have done as I described.

Tried it, windows defender probably isnt my problem, when i loaded the map it actually crashed quicker than before
update: crashes in 1 min instead of ~5
update 2: freezes while loading things from add object menu (only certian objects)

Last edited:
Tried it, windows defender probably isnt my problem, when i loaded the map it actually crashed quicker than before
update: crashes in 1 min instead of ~5
update 2: freezes while loading things from add object menu (only certian objects)

Adjusting your antivirus settings shouldn't have caused a program crash and is definitely unrelated and now that you are crashing, you need to run a database repair, otherwise you're going to see more and more crashes.

At the Launcher, choose Developer from the menu bar and then Repair database. The process will take a few minutes.

That aside, if it's only "some assets", then it's the assets that cause this freeze. Assets are 99.99999% community created. Like all community created assets, some are better than others.

Back