Surveyor Help Please

railsong

I have just purchased a Gold Class Membership with Trainz Plus 22. I have been away from Trainz for a couple of years and wanted to get back to Creating some new routes. Back then I was running Trainz A New Era. The menus then were easier to understand. In the new TRS 22 I can't seem to be able to figure out how to lay track. When I click on the Track button and go to baseboard the cursor is an arrow with a plus sign. I can move the mouse and lay a section of track and it turns to a Yellowish/Greenish color. When I want to stop that section of track I left click where I want the end to be, but the cursor still has the plus sign. When I move the mouse to another place on the base board it lays some more track that I don't want. Objects that I place on the track start showing that same color applied. I suppose I need to know how to handle the mouse in surveyor. Also I can't find the tools, as to straighten a portion of track. I googled this topic but can't seem to find any help on this subject. If you could help me find some information on how to navigate im the surveyor it would be very helpful. Any help will be appreciated very much. Thanks...railsong;)

It sounds like you are using Surveyor 2.0. For the "Classic Surveyor", click on the wrench icon and then choose Edit in Surveyor Classic.

The cursor is the same with the tools you'll remember.

Surveyor 2.0 is a new way of doing the same things with a whole lot more. It'll take some time to get used to it and there's document will help you.

Surveyor 2.0 Overview (trainzsimulator.com)

This like the program is still a work in progress, so it's incomplete but complete enough to give you tips on most things if you want to continue using Surveyor 2.0. There are things in this version that are really awesome such as the ability to rotate copied areas infinitely before pasting, as well as typing in height adjustments, and other things too many to mention here.

Last edited:
Thanks JCitron, this is what I was looking for and thanks for the additional information. I will use it very much. Thanks again....

Back