Subway Driver Job Outlook

Well I don't think you can use your basis as a salary situation and seems rather naive to me. A subway driver can live anywhere in a city or suburbs and not neccessarily beside the line! You could follow that odd outlook for suburban train drivers and so on. The salary doesn't seem that bad for the job. He is important but not flying a jumbo jet. I oce worked in a select area but lived several miles away so does that mean I should have an inflated wage due to that? Hhhm.

(Aggressive comment removed to promote a Zen like state of forum peacefulness) Anyway you want to look at it 50 K isn't much in the US. Enough to live on, yes. My observation concerning locale and pay is a reference to the rising cost of gasoline here. Naiveté never entered into it. You can live and earn a wage where ever you wish and inflation is a given. Mmmh.

Last edited:
I was only passing a rather innoculous comment about a subject raised so why did you find it neccessary to insert a slightly aggressive attitude about not caring a damn what I think? This is not your forum so we all have a right of expression. rather than truculanceThis was hardly a big life threatening style issue and a wee bit over the top. There was no need to respond in a knee-jerk way for goodness sake. I wasn't trying to be nasty and have been here about 3 years now and never tried to be contentious? By all means answer me but within tolerance.

...why did you find it neccessary to insert a slightly aggressive attitude about not caring a damn what I think?...
Because he's Euphod. He has some good, insightful thoughts and a grating nature. You get used to him after a while and separate the information out from the attitude.
He's actually a little mellow these days.
$50,000 isn't bad money, really, but it doesn't go as far as it used to. I make about $20,000 and live fairly well, but I'm not the sort to accumulate large expenses. Maybe I can be a subway driver.
I could be a trolley operator here in the San Diego area and commute to work in my office each day.

:cool: Claude

You may well be right but I HAVE been here a while some three years now and I am aware of his sometimes grating views but it doesn't mean I have to take it because some give this status or fawn. At no point was I being nasty indeed I am unaware of singling him out all the time I have been here but I recieved a message that he was only dealing out what I had done to him?? Having always been pleasant here I do take exception and this self-importance by inserting here that he has removed his aggressive first thought. I have absolutely no axe to grind on Euphod or anyone here it is a pastime for goodness sake but I don't deserve this. Is it going to be acceptable simply because you don't agree with someone (him on this occasion) that I am to be told I am mistreating him or being a bad guy?

Figured I'd use this topic.
http://www.military.com/Careers/Con...ueCollar.htm&area=Reference&ESRC=careers-b.nl

Scroll down to the first #5 on the list of stable jobs.
5.) Locomotive Engineers. Engineers drive electric, diesel-electric, steam or gas-turbine-electric locomotives to transport passengers or freight. They also interpret train orders, electronic or manual signals and railroad rules and regulations.

Average yearly income: $63,180
No. of Jobs in 2007: 41,760
No. of Jobs in 2006: 36,870

Back