Stop the traffic

Hi guys,

Can someone tell how to stop the traffic in the config text please on this product <kuid2:60850:37003:3> Road Motorway (3 lanes)

Regards

Harry

From the Trainz Wiki page at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Track

isroad

If set (1), splines of this type are considered roads. Roads support the generation of Carz. Roads are flagged as blocked by KIND MOCrossing while the crossing gate is closed. Road splines can generally be joined, even if they are different assets.
If not otherwise specified, assets with the 'isroad' tag set are members of the "Road Spline Group" <kuid:30501:100045>.

[My Edit: Presumably, if isroad is set to 0 then that will negate all the following traffic controls and stop the traffic. If so I would love to use this on the roads around where I live]

carrate

(Only applicable to splines which have 'isroad' set.)
The game waits between 1 and 3 times this value (in seconds) between generating traffic on this road.

traffic-speed

Defines the carz speed limit of the road in meters per second. Carz currently travel at up to 80%-110% (depending on the car) of the speed limit, except when overtaking. This tag does not relate to trains in any way.

isfreeway

If set (1), this boolean tag causes a multilane road to act as a freeway. This allows carz to change lanes at will, and causes all traffic to flow in the spline's forward direction only. Overtaking is still allowed on non-freeway roads.

numlanes

Defines the number of carz lanes on a road. Each lane is considered to be 1.7 meters wide. If the road is a freeway, all traffic flows in the same direction. TBD: What, if anything, does this mean for a non-freeway road?
If not otherwise specified, assets with the 'istrack' tag set are members of the "Track Spline Group" <kuid:30501:100043>.

Try it and see.

Isroad 0 (and istrack 0) makes it a spline that is neither, but also seems to make it unable to join with anything that isn't the same asset. Meanwhile isroad 1 and carrate 0 will make it a traffic free road.

If the goal is to suppress traffic generation on a route one is making, my technique is to attach a short length of invisible, no traffic road to the end of a regular road. There are assets that litterally say "invisible road, no traffic", and that seems to do the trick.

This lets me use the same road spline in places I do and don't want carz, maintaining visual continuity in the roads around my route.

Caveat: if the road is very long, the game may spontaneous generate carz in the middle of the spline in some circumstances.

Last edited:
If the goal is to suppress traffic generation on a route one is making, my technique is to attach a short length of invisible, no traffic road to the end of a regular road. There are assets that litterally say "invisible road, no traffic", and that seems to do the trick.

This lets me use the same road spline in places I do and don't want carz, maintaining visual continuity in the roads around my route.

Caveat: if the road is very long, the game may spontaneous generate carz in the middle of the spline in some circumstances.

My approach is the inverse. All my roads are defined as traffic free (carrate=0), and I use small sections of road with non-zero carrates as hidden 'stubs' to spawn carz to travel along them. I use different 'stubs' with different carrates as appropriate for the various traffic levels required.

If you are trying to stop all traffic just use the "Default Region" in the routes Region drop down box, it has no cars defined in it.

Thank you guys for your help.

So if i add "carrate 0" to the config test below it will stop the traffic?

grounded 0
length 10
width 37
bendy 1
kind "bridge"
uncached_alphas 1
asset-filename "motorway"
trackoffsets -7.7,7.7
trackdirections 1,0
height 0
rgb 255,200,0
istrack 0
isroad 1
trainz-build 2.7
bridgetrack <kuid2:60850:37002:1>

Thank you. another question regarding these assets.

I think this asset <kuid2:60850:37003:3> Road Motorway (3 lanes) is picking up the road from this asset <kuid2:60850:37002:4> Road Motorway Carriageway (3 lanes)

Is this correct? and if so if I want this asset <kuid2:60850:37003:3> Road Motorway (3 lanes) to pick up a different asset like <kuid:808067:103137> HC Road Motorway Carriageway (3 lanes) what code would I change?

Regards

Harry

So does increasing or decreasing the carrate tag
create more traffic?

Would like to know as my roads seem to have
sparse traffic.

Fred Bray

Smaller numbers > 0 increases carz - or should. Just keep in mind each car is polygons and CPU cycles you could be using for the rest of the world and your train.

I think this asset <kuid2:60850:37003:3> Road Motorway (3 lanes) is picking up the road from this asset <kuid2:60850:37002:4> Road Motorway Carriageway (3 lanes) Is this correct?

It has <kuid2:60850:37002:1> as a dependency - see the kuid-table container at the end of the config.txt file which means that it is using that asset. But <kuid2:60850:37002:1> is now obsolete and has been replaced by <kuid2:60850:37002:4> so you are correct, it is probably using <kuid2:60850:37002:4>.

and if so if I want this asset <kuid2:60850:37003:3> Road Motorway (3 lanes) to pick up a different asset like <kuid:808067:103137> HC Road Motorway Carriageway (3 lanes) what code would I change?

My guess would be to replace the <kuid2:60850:37002:1> entry in the kuid-table with <kuid:808067:103137>. However, <kuid:808067:103137> is showing as an unknown asset in my CM and when I did the replacement <kuid2:60850:37003:3> Road Motorway (3 lanes) was flagged as "faulty" with the status "Modified, missing dependencies" and <kuid:808067:103137> was the missing dependency. I had to Revert to Original to repair the edit.

Back