Sound

If you mean to listen to a music CD whilst playing the game just put it in a second drive if you have one and start Trainz, for putting music into the game as like a sound effects file I do not know how.

WileeCoyote

If you have TRS2006 you could use CCP (Content Creator Plus). Dowload or upload to your computer.
If it's '04, I'm no help.

If you have TRS2006 you could use CCP (Content Creator Plus). Dowload or upload to your computer.
If it's '04, I'm no help.

I would like my own music like my own music that in on my pc and put in the game.

I have TRS2006.

Like I could change it E.G. sound.wav to sound.cdp

Sound in 06

Hi,
Trainz 06 can only play sounds form a HTML asset. You need to use content Creator Plus to make one. Add a string table and type in the sound file name. The sound must be in the HTML asset folder ! After doing this. Create a rule using 'Play a sound file' and find your asset name from the list. Type in the name of the file (don't add .wav as trainz already does this)(the same name as in the string table) and click the tick.

I use a trigger rule so the sound starts when the train reaches the trigger.

NOTE : Sound Format must be .wav . Trainz cannot play a 3D sound, an example is, if you place a trigger, the sound will not play if you are too far away from the trigger!

You can read the bottom of page 62 in the trainz installation file 'rules and sessions guide'.
file://C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Docs\manuals_cd\extras\TRS2006

Hi,
Trainz 06 can only play sounds form a HTML asset. You need to use content Creator Plus to make one. Add a string table and type in the sound file name. The sound must be in the HTML asset folder ! After doing this. Create a rule using 'Play a sound file' and find your asset name from the list. Type in the name of the file (don't add .wav as trainz already does this)(the same name as in the string table) and click the tick.

I use a trigger rule so the sound starts when the train reaches the trigger.

NOTE : Sound Format must be .wav . Trainz cannot play a 3D sound, an example is, if you place a trigger, the sound will not play if you are too far away from the trigger!

You can read the bottom of page 62 in the trainz installation file 'rules and sessions guide'.

Where is the HTML asset folder?

As far as I know, there is nothing special about the monorail stations. I obviously worked with the sound that is already there, and some of it is scripted to be triggered in the station by a trigger on the track and to play in the trains, which is a bit complex, but the stations themselves are just stations.

Any modification that works with stations in general should work with the monorail project stations.

JFE.

Username,

Whiley4 i think thats right he has tons of sounds look for him on DLS. The sound player sets 1 inch under so go to wire frame to see it.

Back