Smooth ground

rhban

I'm not sure why "smooth ground under selected..." takes quite so long now, but in a not so long ago incarnation, we at least got to see a progress rather as we do now when using the marquee to add boards. Since the smoothing does take such a long time, can we please see progress marked again.

I am not sure what your circumstances are but I am frequently using the "Smooth Ground Under Selected" option on very long splines without any abnormal delays - less than a second to raise/lower the ground under several kms of segmented spline. Could you explain further?

It can take a full minute for quite a short length of track. Is this yet another Mac issue?

It can take a full minute for quite a short length of track. Is this yet another Mac issue?
Is this with HD or 5m/10m grid? All my work with the "Smooth" function is on 10m grid.

I just tried it on a large route I had previously converted to HD and the "Smooth" function for a long multi-segment spline took noticeably longer - about 2 seconds.
Without knowing anything about the Mac hardware or your GPU I would guess that this may be a possibility.

To tell the truth, I don't even know how to change the grid size. I just use whatever Trainz Plus gives me.

Back