Single Slip Points

Ali_3exp

I downloaded a route that needed the slip-point junction as a dependency. I'm trying to implement it in my own route, but I don't really know how to. I believe the slip point is MB slip point right 10. Can anyone help? If I need to give anymore info, let me know. Thanks in advance.

MB's(Mike Banfield) animated points do not work in TRS 2004 and TRS 2006 due to the method that he used to get the points operating in UTC was fixed by Auran for the TRS builds of Trainz.

That said there are some awesome examples of animated points that do work for either TRS made by andi06 (junction kit) and by a spanish Trainz group that has a content release thread that can be found in the freeware forum. The spanish group is under ther name of Vias3d.

I'll leave someone else to actually help you getting the points to work in UTC at the moment as right now i'm having a bit of a mental brainz blank.

drphlox

MB's(Mike Banfield) animated points do not work in TRS 2004 and TRS 2006 due to the method that he used to get the points operating in UTC was fixed by Auran for the TRS builds of Trainz.

That said there are some awesome examples of animated points that do work for either TRS made by andi06 (junction kit) and by a spanish Trainz group that has a content release thread that can be found in the freeware forum. The spanish group is under ther name of Vias3d.

I'll leave someone else to actually help you getting the points to work in UTC at the moment as right now i'm having a bit of a mental brainz blank.

drphlox
Thank you. I'll do some searching for myself. I'm sure I could find it working for TRS '04.

that reminds me - someone did get MB's point to work but it required laying invisible track underneath the point object.

not very practical to use and is much easier to use andi06's content.

drphlox

Hi,

The scripted animated junctions from Vias3D are awesome, but they actually only work with TRS06.
For TRS04 you can build customized turnouts with checkrails. You may find them on their site (they are not animated).

Regards

How in the world do you get AJS's slips working? I can never get them (or the crossing junctions) to work!:mad: The wye points, left/right points, and the catch points work, but not the others!:confused: HELP!:eek:

the method is

1. name the point motors, clockwise from the Blue node marker - use a
system like slip motor (this can be any name you want, just make sure its not too long or too hard to remember) 1 for a net effect of slip motor 1, slip motor 2, slip motor 3, slip motor 4.

2. in the object information of the slip points, name the object
slip motor [1,2,3,4] (use 2 numbers for singles, 4 for doubles)

3. change point out of editing mode.

4. presto! - it should work now!:D

drphlox

Back