Screenshot of The Week: January 25 to February 1 2015 (Class Leaders)

Montana Rail Link's (MRL) SD70ACe's are an appropriate replacement for MRL's SD45's. Like the SD45's, the big radiators on the SD70ACe's give them a 'brutish' look.

Montana Rail Link's (MRL) SD70ACe's are an appropriate replacement for MRL's SD45's. Like the SD45's, the big radiators on the SD70ACe's give them a 'brutish' look.
They also sound like they mean business... Ahhh, I love the sound of 16-710 engines at work, it's a truly marvelous sight

First of GWR Class 6000, King George V, & GWR City of Truro Pass.

First of GWR Class 6000, King George V (with a Plymouth-bound Cornish Riviera Express), passes record-breaking GWR City of Truro (with a Paddington-bound Ocean Mails & Passenger Express).

GWR_King_and_Truro_Pass.jpg

"The Train of the Stars" The Santa Fe Super Chief speeds passengers out of Santa Barbara down the California Coast.
zn79xs.jpg

IRM's ex-MILW 760

The first diesel ever built by Fairbanks Morse, ex-MILW H10-F44 #760 brings several hoppers of ballast to IRM from the interchange. She is seen here passing a water tower from the steam era and several silos where the track enters a grove of trees.

Enjoy,
Saturnr
376f8841fe44f028317c026474b297ad.jpg

Last edited:
GWR King Edward V 6000 at speed with a railtour in a heavily industrial area.
pic deleted
I assume you mean GWR 6000 King GEORGE V, not King Edward V, only preserved Edwards are 6023 King Edward II and it's BR blue and 6024 King Edward I in Green. Also King George V can not work rail tours because it is to tall, the other operating Kings have had their chimney's and cab's shortened slightly, where King George V is only original, full height King, so it is on static display at NRM.

Hope this helps,
Saturnr

I assume you mean GWR 6000 King GEORGE V, not King Edward V, only preserved Edwards are 6023 King Edward II and it's BR blue and 6024 King Edward I in Green. Also King George V can not work rail tours because it is to tall, the other operating Kings have had their chimney's and cab's shortened slightly, where King George V is only original, full height King, so it is on static display at NRM.

Hope this helps,
Saturnr

Corrected. (ten characters)

Submissions are now closed. There are 18 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until February 8, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Thank you very much sir! It's outstanding the amount of realistic shots submitted this week. Great job to everyone!

judahGrice
montanawestern
mezzoprezzo

My votes are:
emeraldnight123
Reason: I'm a Southern fan, so if there's a entry with 4501 in it, I vote for it.

captainkman
Reason: A nice twist on the theme. Instead of being the class leader, it's the first of all classes of trains.

gd5150:
Reason: Another fine twist on the theme. The leader of first-class passenger trains.

Honorable mention goes to:
montanawestern
Reason: The appropriate setting for taking a screenshot of a mountain-climbing brute.

Whew, hard selection and great effort all (I hope to be a contender one day). But keeping with the theme selected, my 3 are:

mezzoprezzo - Postcard stuff!! The depth of the scenery just draws you in. One of the most powerful UK locos sometimes considered to represent the ultimate in British steam development.

flyboy559 - A real leader that resulted in 50 being built based on its success. A real powerhouse of its time (In 1944 #6110, tested in Altoona, developed 6,550 hp (4,880 kW) in the cylinders at 85 mph (137 km/h)).

ATSF854 - Postcard stuff also. Nailed the setting. As evident here, steam and diesel are always everyone's favourites, and its nice to see some electrics. The first of only seven built and now the only one of its class remaining.

There is my 3, not in any order, based on the setting and then rarity and history that makes it a class leader.

Good luck all.

1. mezzoprezzo - God your scenery is fantastic, well done mate.
2. peterwise - I've always been a big fan of the Castles & City of Truro so these two historic engines together is well done.
3. S301 - Everything just blends so well together; the colour, the sky, the scenery.

Back