SCREEN SHOTS

While in Driver or Surveyor, hit the "Printscreen" key on your keyboard. Each press of the key will take a screenshot and place it into the "Screenshots" folder in your Trainz folder.

You will need a conversion program to convert the tga files to jpeg files. There are many free conversion programs available that can do this.

How do I take screenshots of layouts, and how do I make videos of my railway?
Hi,

Firstly, can I suggest that using a variety of additional keys on your keyboard might enhance the aesthetics of the post?

Secondly, I can only answer part of your question, but here goes.

If you press the print screen on your keyboard it does two things - it makes a copy of what is currently displayed on the screen (and holds it on the clipboard) and in Trainz it also creates a .TGA file containing the image in one of the Trainz directories (I can't remember the exact path at the moment).

One option, is to open the TGA files with an appropriate image editor (Paint cannot do this), and then save as a JPG file. The other option is to open Paint (or other similar program) and paste the content into the window and save as JPG.

Be aware that the clipboard can only hold one thing at a time (although you can use additional third party programs to make it hold more if necessary), but the TGAs in the Trainz directory are permenant.

If you then want to share the images with the rest of us on the forum, then you'll need to upload the images to an image-hosting site on the web: see this thread to find out how to do that, in this case using Imageshack - http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=3374
This will also walk you through posting them too.

Hope that helps a bit,
and welcome to our forum,

BidMod :)

PS is your name taken from the Standard class locomotive of the same number, or something else.

Beat me to it leader2302 :wave:

You will need a conversion program to convert the tga files to jpeg files. There are many free conversion programs available that can do this.

Do a forum search for Irfanview or the Gimp. These are commonly recommended programs.

Hi,

Firstly, can I suggest that using a variety of additional keys on your keyboard might enhance the aesthetics of the post?

Secondly, I can only answer part of your question, but here goes.

If you press the print screen on your keyboard it does two things - it makes a copy of what is currently displayed on the screen (and holds it on the clipboard) and in Trainz it also creates a .TGA file containing the image in one of the Trainz directories (I can't remember the exact path at the moment).

One option, is to open the TGA files with an appropriate image editor (Paint cannot do this), and then save as a JPG file. The other option is to open Paint (or other similar program) and paste the content into the window and save as JPG.

Be aware that the clipboard can only hold one thing at a time (although you can use additional third party programs to make it hold more if necessary), but the TGAs in the Trainz directory are permenant.

If you then want to share the images with the rest of us on the forum, then you'll need to upload the images to an image-hosting site on the web: see this thread to find out how to do that, in this case using Imageshack - http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=3374
This will also walk you through posting them too.

Hope that helps a bit,
and welcome to our forum,

BidMod :)

PS is your name taken from the Standard class locomotive of the same number, or something else.
YES IT IS TAKEN FROM THE STANDARD CLASS LOCO OF THE SAME NUMBER.BEEN ON FOOTPLATE MANY TIMES WHEN MY MATE USED TO DRIVE HER
icon14.gif
OH THANKS FOR HINT ON SCREENSHOTS

YES IT IS TAKEN FROM THE STANDARD CLASS LOCO OF THE SAME NUMBER.BEEN ON FOOTPLATE MANY TIMES WHEN MY MATE USED TO DRIVE HER
icon14.gif
OH THANKS FOR HINT ON SCREENSHOTS

Wow - that's quite good.:eek:

I notice that point 1 still needs some work though :eek::hehe:. Try the shift key :D

Back