San Luis & Rio Grande Motive Power

smokeygear

C/LTJG - Operations
Over the years I have watched this railroad grow and I was lookin at there schedule for power. It seems they put a lot of fate in their steam locomotives as they plan to run them daily. Is there any plan to acquire more steam or what?

It seems they put a lot of fate in their steam locomotives as they plan to run them daily. Is there any plan to acquire more steam or what?

To the best of my knowledge, the SLRG Steam Team is well knowledgeable of steam locomotives, and I have no doubt, they will be able to make it through the 2008 season. They have the resorces, they have the money, and they have the knowhow.

With Former SP #1744, LS&I(ex-GCRY) #18(soon to be 1018), and LS&I #20, I think they would not be intrested in anymore steam at the moment.

-DRGW489

Finally:eek: . An answer. Thank you for the info. The reason I asked is because of what has happened to other railroads. I'd hate to go out there and find no steam. (I plan on going to the US Air Force Academy.:) )

I also asked because I saw a 4-6-0 with the same tractive effort as 1744 that looks like it would be a good stand in for a T-31 4-6-0 on the D&RGW.

Back