sad news

Alan_Yeomans

Hi Everyone,

One of our regular Trainzers recently passed away. 'Royroy' was never a regular poster, though he was always big Trainz fan. Very sad news.

Rath, Roy F. http://www.legacy.com/fortwayne/Guestbook.asp?Page=GuestBook&PersonID=88243293
0000564906_01_05222007_1.jpg
ROY F. RATH, 77, of New Haven, died Sunday, May 20, 2007, at Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne. Born in Wing, N.D., he was a member of the St. James Lutheran Church, New Haven. The U.S. Navy veteran served as an electricians mate 1st class aboard the U.S.S. Coral Sea during the Korean War. Following his service to his country, he taught school for four years in Sykeston, N.D. He retired in 1989 after 30 years with the Magnavox Corporation. He entertained the elderly by playing his accordion with his group Musik Machers at area healthcare facilities for Audiences Unlimited. He was a member of American Legion Post 330 and the U.S.S. Coral Sea Association. He had many friends, through his church, internet, ham radio, and was an avid train hobbyist.

im so sorry to hear that :( , and a New Englander too :(

Not unless they've moved Indiana to New England. Roy lived, died, and will be buried in Indiana. Supposedly played one heck of an accordion, though I've never heard it personally.

Last edited:
Hello, I am Roy's Grandson. My grandfather's passing was somewhat sudden and unexpected so this came as a complete shock to the family.

My grandfather Roy got me interested in trains at a very early point in my life, and I have always loved them. The good news is, I will carry on our love of trains for the rest of my life as well. One of these days when I get time, I will get around to installing the Trainz simulator on my computer and will probably come here for advice/upgrades/add-ons. Until then, there is a lot of HO scale model railroading items and a huge layout that Grandpa Roy left behind that is now my responsibility to move and care for (until I can find a place to set it all back up).

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

-Ryan

Last edited:
Never got to meet my grandparents,

I hope you shared & remembered a life of memories.

Torana

Back