Run TRS19 & Trainz Plus

CobraLAD

Hello

Is it possible to run TRS19 & Trainz Plus on 1 computer. The running circle is not going away on TRS19 (build 117009)

You would definitely be able to tell them to share a database (I`ve done by accident), but that would certainly be begging for all sorts of compatibility issues and would almost certainly puree your database if you tried to run them simultaneously. When I did it (again by accident), I was lucky that both installs were almost identical. Fortunately, I never tried to run them simultaneously while the database was shared. As long as they each have their own databases, however, they run fine together, save for running slower due to competition for non-DB resources.

You don't ever want to share a database. ^ ^ purée a database is a good description! The other issue is the TRS19 file system is much different than the one in Plus. The data may be similar but there are many other things done in the TRS22 code so that when files are saved, they are a different format and not compatible with TRS19.

You can copy your TRS19 database over to another location and use TRS-Plus with that fine. It'll run a DBR and then your TRS19 data will be available. You'll have to update your DLC, install additional DLC if you want, and update other assets as well because they have been updated, but other than that you won't lose a thing otherwise.

You don't ever want to share a database. ^ ^ purée a database is a good description!
Glad you liked it! Like I said above, when I accidentally shared databases for a while, I was lucky that the two versions were "almost identical". What that means in this case is that one was the last Win7-compatible version of Trainz22 while the other was the latest available build of Trainz22PE. If that`s not "almost identical", I don`t know what is. Then too, the sharing was very brief, and by the time I tried running both simultaneously, they each had their own database.

Glad you liked it! Like I said above, when I accidentally shared databases for a while, I was lucky that the two versions were "almost identical". What that means in this case is that one was the last Win7-compatible version of Trainz22 while the other was the latest available build of Trainz22PE. If that`s not "almost identical", I don`t know what is. Then too, the sharing was very brief, and by the time I tried running both simultaneously, they each had their own database.
You were lucky that you didn't hear any gears grinding away as both versions went after the same database. ;-)

Yeah, no. They never actually ran at the same time when they were sharing the database, and they never actually shared the same database when they were running at the same time.

Hello

Is it possible to run TRS19 & Trainz Plus on 1 computer. The running circle is not going away on TRS19 (build 117009)
.. yes, it is possible to run multiple versions / builds on 1 computer : i run 7 with separate databases at 3 sd's ..
the running circle : when you mean the "spline point rotation" = you can turn it off by unchecking in surveyor > system menu > settings > interface settings > spline point rotation < uncheck ..

maybe I miswritten, I was talking about this circle, I did a ctrl + rebuild. Now it comes and goes.
circle.jpg

Back