Reskin

AlWesterfield

This is my first reskin and I need help. I'm reskinning the GN wooden caboose. I've deleted the lettering and added my own. I've saved it. But now I don't know if I have to do more to see the image. Can someone help me in second grade language? Thanks. Al Westerfield

This is my first reskin and I need help. I'm reskinning the GN wooden caboose. I've deleted the lettering and added my own. I've saved it. But now I don't know if I have to do more to see the image. Can someone help me in second grade language? Thanks. Al Westerfield
do you mean see in game? if so just load it like you would any other freight car to see it
I can't find it to load it. It should be JGL wooden caboose.

Check in Content Manager to ensure that it's not faulty or open for edit. In either situation, the asset won't load at all.

You can open that while you are in Trainz.
Click on the three-bar menu located in the upper left corner.
Click on Show Launcher Window.

You can then start Content Manager and do what you need to.

When I read 2nd grade language, i thought skibidi toilet.
When I was taught to write manufacturing instructions, I was told to write them at a second grade level to assume that the reader knew nothing. I know nothing about reskinning or GIMP. I don't even know the right questions to ask!
You can open that while you are in Trainz.
Click on the three-bar menu located in the upper left corner.
Click on Show Launcher Window.

You can then start Content Manager and do what you need to.
Can't find it after following your instructions.

When I was taught to write manufacturing instructions, I was told to write them at a second grade level to assume that the reader knew nothing. I know nothing about reskinning or GIMP. I don't even know the right questions to ask!

Can't find it after following your instructions.
I assumed you were in Trainz at that time. If you are, then the three-bar menu "hides" unless you move your mouse to the upper left corner.

I wasn't clear. I followed your directions and entered content manager. I couldn't find my project there.
You did import your content, or submit it right... I've done that myself and was very confused.

If you did install it, check Open for edit and Faulty. Those are the two possible places.

Hint: Add in all the columns in Content Manager. Right-click on any one of them currently showing. Click one of them in the list to add the column. It'll automatically go to the right side. I recommend adding all the filters. You can rearrange them how you like them and resize them too. Clicking on a column will sort your content.

You did import your content, or submit it right... I've done that myself and was very confused.

If you did install it, check Open for edit and Faulty. Those are the two possible places.

Hint: Add in all the columns in Content Manager. Right-click on any one of them currently showing. Click one of them in the list to add the column. It'll automatically go to the right side. I recommend adding all the filters. You can rearrange them how you like them and resize them too. Clicking on a column will sort your content.
I tried everything suggested. Can you suggest a particular way to save? Alternatively, do know of anyone who accepts custom orders? Thanks.

I tried everything suggested. Can you suggest a particular way to save? Alternatively, do know of anyone who accepts custom orders? Thanks.
If you reskinned the locomotive by cloning it using Content Manager, then it'll be open for edit and called "New Asset" until you submit the asset. By default, it will have the same name as the original. This is why I always edit the username to something else, usually by putting in my initials preceded by a string of dashes like this. House 01 white DES ---- JAC (I made up the name).

Once the changes are done, I submit the asset and it's now under my username with my initials.

In your case, you may have the original name and cloned it. The only way to find that now is to sort by My Content in Content Manager from the pulldown where it says Installed. You can then change the date so you can find it.

If you did not clone the asset, then the original will have the change to it. You will need to sort on Status in Content Manager. Look for Modified instead of Installed from DLS. You may have to change Installed date from ascending to descending by clicking on the column.

This may sound complex but it's more difficult to explain than to do, and even more difficult to type out.

As far as someone to reskin this locomotive for you, sorry I don't know of anyone offhand.

If you reskinned the locomotive by cloning it using Content Manager, then it'll be open for edit and called "New Asset" until you submit the asset. By default, it will have the same name as the original. This is why I always edit the username to something else, usually by putting in my initials preceded by a string of dashes like this. House 01 white DES ---- JAC (I made up the name).

Once the changes are done, I submit the asset and it's now under my username with my initials.

In your case, you may have the original name and cloned it. The only way to find that now is to sort by My Content in Content Manager from the pulldown where it says Installed. You can then change the date so you can find it.

If you did not clone the asset, then the original will have the change to it. You will need to sort on Status in Content Manager. Look for Modified instead of Installed from DLS. You may have to change Installed date from ascending to descending by clicking on the column.

This may sound complex but it's more difficult to explain than to do, and even more difficult to type out.

As far as someone to reskin this locomotive for you, sorry I don't know of anyone offhand.
Thanks for your time. I did clone asset. When I went to save it, it had an xcf file. I saved it, renamed it tag and saved again. Searched again Content Manager and modified. No luck. I don't want to take your time any longer on what may be a fruitless search. I attached this from another angle. Thanks again.

try sorting the files by the day you saved it, to see if you can find it, guessing you have looked for it under the name you saved it also?

on a side note what are you asking to want reskinned?

Yes. have looked. I'm reskinning a NYC wooden caboose, but when this is accessed the original is a gn wooden caboose. Removing the gn lettering and adding my own is simple. It's after that that I'm in trouble.

do you want me to reskin it for you and upload to the dls?

is it the auran one kuid -25:83?

one another side note when i cloned it and saved it showed up faulty, might be why not showing up, was able to fix errors on my copy btw

Last edited:
There`s an old joke: "If you throw a cat out of the window of a moving car, is it kitty litter?". Many people find the joke offensive because of the implied animal abuse. I would find the animal abuse offensive, but I find the word-play amusing.

I want a 3d model of a thrown housecat attached to a car, outside of the passenger window. The mesh need not be especially detailed. The specifics of the car and cat are unimportant. I intend to place it on a road with a police car supposedly in hot pursuit behind it. I want the asset to be called "Kitty Litter". Can you manage that? If not, would you suggest someone who might?

I told you it was strange, did I not?

Back