RAILDRIVER

jytte

route builder
Hello everybody

I'm brand new to all this, just got the TRS2006.
I am planning on getting the Raildriver controller.
Anyone have experience with that one???

I love my raildriver

I love my raildriver. I have experianced some problems but for the most part it runs great. I can use it with the 2006 but it will not work with the Tranz Driver simulation:D

I use Raildriver for a couple of years on 2004 and I have beeen using it with 2006 also with TC and if it works fine

Jeff

Thanks for your input, I'm mostly making little "worlds", my husband is the driver and he just can't wait for the controls, he he.

are there any tutorials for how to make it work with TRS2006 and classics? there is information on PI's web site, but I can't get mine to work yet. I installed trains to a non-default location, I'm moving it now. I just hope that it will fix it. in the 2 hours since the UPS guy dropped it off I have been trying to make it work. the installer crashes on my computer, so I had to bypass the autorun and install it myself. then the latest TRS2006 installer from their web site won't install because it says that trainz is not installed (probably looking at the default location only) then the calibration process failed (out of bounds, found info on it in their troubleshooting) then I get through that and it has only MSTS trains listed in the main menu, and I don't understand why I can't just run trainz and have it work. what's the deal with that anyway, do you have to run the raildriver program first, select which locomotive you plan to drive then click the run button? that's really cheesy, why can't it just work with whatever locomotive I pick?

Sorry to say but you do need to have trainZ installed it the default directory to get Raildriver to work. Had this problem myself - moved everything back to were it should be and all worked fine

Sorry to say but you do need to have trainZ installed it the default directory to get Raildriver to work. Had this problem myself - moved everything back to were it should be and all worked fine

thanks for the info! I guess I'll have to get going on that...
I found by accident that Trainz will run without being installed (by copying the files to another location) so I gave that a try, copying the files from my games directory to the program files directory in the original location. but the installer still says Trainz not found. I guess I need to do a full installation into the new location don't I?

thanks for the info! I guess I'll have to get going on that...
I found by accident that Trainz will run without being installed (by copying the files to another location) so I gave that a try, copying the files from my games directory to the program files directory in the original location. but the installer still says Trainz not found. I guess I need to do a full installation into the new location don't I?

Programs in general can not be just copied from one location to another. You will have to (re)install them.

Hi bearcat245

I have Trainz (both T4 & T6) installed on 'E' drive and and have no problems using Raildriver :confused: and have successfully had it like this for almost 4 years. I do however have the software for RD installed on 'C' drive.

Cheers

Ron

Hi bearcat245

I have Trainz (both T4 & T6) installed on 'E' drive and and have no problems using Raildriver :confused: and have successfully had it like this for almost 4 years. I do however have the software for RD installed on 'C' drive.

Cheers

Ron

I'd really like to know how you did that!

with this computer I don't consider it mission critical. so if something goes wrong I can afford for it to be down for a few days. I have other computers to do my work. so I try to keep all data, everything that can't be readily replaced, on my D drive, and keep windows and program files etc on C. this way I don't have to back up C. if it goes away, I can always reinstall everything. the data is the only thing that is irreplaceable. with Trainz being forced to install on C, all of the custom content goes on C, there fore I now have critical information located on my C drive, and it needs to be backed up. I back it up anyway, but less frequently.

Back