Quick Question for Trainzers in CT and MA

HSSRAIL

What kind of trees predominate along the route from Connecticut to Massachusetts. Specifically New Haven north to Northhampton MA.

The last time I was in Connecticut I visited my cousin and they had a weeping willow in the backyard though I don't remember seeing a lot of them. Prior to the hurricane known as the Long Island Express there were a lot of Oak Trees. Thanks for your help.

mostly pine, dog wood, elm and some birch but that is rare. you making a route in RI? i am working on making the mainline from conn to prov and then up to Worcester. but i am a slow worker. i have all the dem maps at 10m res and a raster map from about 1968 i think, to make the base boards.

Tall Trees website has a download, PDF I believe, with maps of tree types for USA by loction and rough amounts. Very useful information.

If you send me those files I'll be happy to make you the baseboards.
If you don't have my E-Mail Private Message me.

Would be happy to participate in joint project on modeling the Shore Line from New York City To Boston Early 1950's. I am working on this Canal Line because the scenery is largely rural and the amount of custom structures that will be needed is minimal.

The Seaboard Project will not be undertaken. I have completed some research on Seaboard. I have the Condensed Profiles, these are unique in that they do not have track charts on them they only show Grade and curvature and where water facilities are for steam engines--these are the first condensed profiles I have run into that don't have a track schematic. I have pictures of Seaboard Depots from Mainline Modler Dec 1983 and a Book Freight Traffic Geography of the Seaboard Air Line Railroad by Willis T Gherke. I am missing a copy of an Employee Timetable for Seaboard.

I do not have critical mass for the structures needed to begin work on Erie or Lackawanna Lines. I am steadily working on completing the structures starting with housing. This will take considerable time because the amount of custom buildings needed for this project is so extensive. I do have the baseboards completed for the Erie New York Division and have the condensed profiles and Interlocking diagram books for the New York Division as well as the Employee Timetable all research on Erie is completed. I have most of the research completed on Lackawanna but have not made the baseboards for that project.

Howard

Last edited:
Back