ProtoLars Industries: Question on developing new versions

C_Blabsky

The title sez it: Can I make new versions (TRS19 4.6 or TANE) to use many of the new commodities? I saw reference to a kit or procedure, but unable to find specifics. The latest version of a PL in my install is 3.7.

I've become enamored of the delay load/unload feature, one-car-at-a-time, especially for visible loads.

regards,
Blabsky

I think the kits were only available through the TPR site. The problem with them seems to be that Lars encrypted the scripts and doesn't remember the password he used. Take a look at Msgsapper's BI3 industries. I think he figured out a way to get around the problem and create new industries based on Lars' work. Maybe it will give you some insight how to adapt the PL industries.

Hi Blabsky --

Yes you can. All you need to do is take one of the existing ProtoLARS industry tracks and change the config.txt file to include the commodities you want.

Then change the kuid to your own, make an appropriate image and upload it to the Download Station.

I have a couple of ProtoLARS industries on the DLS. They were made in TRS2004. You could use these as a template. Just search with "ProtoLARS" and make sure the search includes TRS2004 assets.

Phil

First test of new PL industry

Np61jeg.jpg
[/IMG]

Xxk4RsA.jpg
[/IMG]

vwLrREV.jpg
[/IMG]

Older TOFC...arrives with hitches, departs with trailers.

0Vd0jHK.jpg
[/IMG]

yLbF2yy.jpg
[/IMG]

Casey had to wait a few minutes while they loaded that last flat.

UYYT0iQ.jpg
[/IMG]

0JJ3nE3.jpg
[/IMG]

Apparently, I have been able to successfully get these 3 test industries to work, just by using Notepad to edit the config txt files as helpfully pointed out by Mr. philskene. I'll take any refinement questions elsewhere; hopefully somethings I can come up with may be useful to the Trainz community.

regards,
Blabsky

Back