Problems running Trainz12 on XP Pro SP3 AND W7 Ultimate

chopperaddict

Chopperaddict
Hi folks

I hope someone can answer this issue ?

I have an (oldish) dual boot machine with twin core processor and 4GB of RAM plus a new Nvidia GT630 graphics board. This ran Trainz 2006 just fine...

I lost my hard disk, so decided to purchase the latest Trainz12 instead of using my old Trainz 2006have installed the new Trainz 12. Oh dear, all problems

The machine has dual boot of a brand new W7 Ultimate and and older XP Pro SP3.

Under XP pro it seems to regularly refuse to save any changes made in surveyor mode, even if I try to overwrite or save as a new name ?????????????

Equally, when I switch a setup in surveyor to driver mode, it hangs most times.

Under W7, It is worse, I start the program, and then my cursor totally disappears, making it totally impossible to use it.

Please help me to get this working as it should on one or other of my platforms, I really want to use this, but..............

Thanks in advance
Ian Turner

Regarding the saving changes issue, make sure your antivirus software is not scanning the Trainz folders, and that you are running Trainz under an administrator account, not a limited account.

As for the cursor issue, check that you do not have mouse trails turned on in Mouse Properties (Control Panel).

Shane

Hi Shane

Thaks for ideas, but still no luck

However I restarted using real scale (it was in "N" scale) and now it saves etc. ???? Weird or what ?

I still need to get it on W7 however - any other ideas ?

Cheers
Ian

Back