Poor Acceleration and Top Speeds - Locos

The rolling stock is fitted with stovepipe's espec but it doesn't matter what rolling stock I use, I get the same results.

It might not be what you'd do but myself I'd try other e-specs, the BR class 21 for eg, similar in power at 1000 or 1100hp.

I'm at the stage I'll try anything to get it resolved. The way things are going, Trainz will be getting shut down for good otherwise.

If your using at least two locos make sure that the engine spec kuids are the same. Locos made by two different creators will probably have different engines and thus will be working against each other. Had that happen to me on several occasions and finally went into the config files and changed the engines kuid to match all the same type locos. All my SD40-2 have the same engine kuid as do all the B40-2's Dash9's and etc. Hope this helps.

Erm. No. A 6000hp AC6000W should not have the same Enginespec as a SW1. Why would you even.

I'm at the stage I'll try anything to get it resolved. The way things are going, Trainz will be getting shut down for good otherwise.

Just downloaded one of domsarto's 141's, have 6 mk1 bg's on. Doing 70 mph. Suggest re download ?

Would you mind trying it with 6 of my Mk3s attached? Doesn't matter which one. I just want to rule out the fault being with the carriage. I can't get the 141 up to 70. Tops out at 60 after about 5 miles or so. Cheers.

I've already tried deleting all the Irish stock and reinstalling. It hasn't worked so far.

Just thrashing it with 9 mk2's. Will get your mk3's and have a go.
CAB or AI ?
I'm using Ai.

Last edited:
9 MK3 composites. CAB mode got to 42 mph just, then started climbing and speed dropped to 27 mph, switched to Ai and we're doing 51 mph now.
6 mk3+ 2 141's, quickly up to 50 ish then slowly to 65. 4 miles. CAB.
6 mk3 + 1 loco. 30 mph @.3 miles, 40 mph @ .9 miles, 50 mph @ 3.9 miles (slight gradient). CAB.

Last edited:
I always use CAB mode. That's interesting results. Sounds like there may be something amis with the Mk3s.

Thanks for doing that for me.

@fran1 - After trying numerous combinations of loco and carriage, I've changed the loco espec to that of the Class 33 and find the issue is resolved. This espec should be okay for the 121 and 141 classes, although a few mph higher top speed than prototype.

Thanks again for doing those tests.

I see pfx's MK3 coaches use my mk3 coach espec. This espec is properly for HST MK3 coaches, which have greater rolling resistance due to the amount of electrical gear powered from the bogie of the coach, rather than from the ETH supply the loco-hauled MK3As used. I suspect the increased resistance of these coaches combined with the low powered 121/141 espec is causing the false results.

Perhaps it's time I made a loco-hauled Mk3A espec?

@stovepipe - Funny you should mention that. I replaced the Mk3 espec with the Mk1 espec at the same time as changing the 121 and 141 espec over to the Class 33 one.

If you're happy to try an espec for the Mk3 loco hauled, please do. I'd be very grateful.

Cheers.

Back