Please help!!

soggy

Could someone please point me in the right direction as to create my own content for trainz 2009?? I've searched but to no avail or I just get confused with to much computer talk. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks, Soggy

Please help

I would like to know how to and what I need to create content so I can build a map of my local area. Any info would be great. Thanks, Soggy.

well you need some sort of modeling program i use blender its the essayist to me or you gan use gmax both are free

Thanks. I've downloaded Gmax and I am trying to work out how to build with it now. Thanks for the help and I will keep you [posted on how I am going. Soggy.

cool. your trying to recreate a railroad eh i am to I'm trying to recreate the unitah railway if you couldn't tell by my site

There is a wealth of content in many different places for Trainz, unless you are trying to build structures or scenery unique to your chosen route, you could probably find most of what you need already made. Have you looked at the DLS and other websites?

I think what is missing from the documentation that's available (or perhaps I just haven't found it yet) is a step by step guide to the basic process of content creation. There's lots of excellent tutorials that go into the detail of using GMAX, creating and applying textures etc. etc. but nothing that "pulls it all together" and explains in a step by step sort of way what to do, what files are needed, where they should be saved, how they should be imported to view in the your local database etc.

If anybody can post a link or links to such documents I, for one, would much appreciate it.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks. I've downloaded Gmax and I am trying to work out how to build with it now. Thanks for the help and I will keep you [posted on how I am going. Soggy.
Start with Blender, not Gmax. There are tutorials on my site on how to build a small loco using Blender.

Paul

Back