Paused

christiner

I just bought TRS19 PLATINUM EDITION last night, to day i went to the test track and it is paused and help does not have a hot key I see to unpause it,, and there isn't a control to make it go like in the tutorial. so how do I make it go please?

EDIT:: OK unpaused but no matter what train I put on it. it will not move! I uncoupled the cars behind the engine. I did the ctr right click and put all 3 brakes to 0 or neutral clicked it to make it go forward and power to 6 yet it makes a lot of noise it sits there, I even added sand.. What else is there to do?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums and to Trainz, christiner!
Visit Test Track is a diagnostic tool for diesel locomotives and is not generally playable. (Useful for asset creators/ tinkerers testing engine specs/ locomotive physics).
Suggest complete the Trainz tutorials first. (The 'Learn to Drive' option is on the Main Menu after you press Start Trainz from the Launcher.)
There are 10 short tutorials based on the Kickstarter County 2 route which will provide helpful instruction and basic information for newcomers to this amazing railroad simulator.
Then create your own Test Route/ track in Surveyor, Edit... mode (Create Route) to experiment with all of the controls and thousands of available assets that are built-in or available from the DLS. (Best way to REALLY learn about Trainz!)

For more detail on how to use the Test Track - visit the Wiki here: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Test_Track
I am not confident that this particular Wiki item is up to date, however, as N3V are currently making big changes to the working Trainz Physics Model (See relevant forum here: Interested in train physics? (auran.com)).

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums and to Trainz, christiner!
Visit Test Track is a diagnostic tool for diesel locomotives and is not generally playable. (Useful for asset creators/ tinkerers testing engine specs/ locomotive physics).
Suggest complete the Trainz tutorials first. (The 'Learn to Drive' option is on the Main Menu after you press Start Trainz from the Launcher.)
There are 10 short tutorials based on the Kickstarter County 2 route which will provide helpful instruction and basic information for newcomers to this amazing railroad simulator.
Then create your own Test Route/ track in Surveyor, Edit... mode (Create Route) to experiment with all of the controls and thousands of available assets that are built-in or available from the DLS. (Best way to REALLY learn about Trainz!)

For more detail on how to use the Test Track - visit the Wiki here: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Test_Track
I am not confident that this particular Wiki item is up to date, however, as N3V are currently making big changes to the working Trainz Physics Model (See relevant forum here: Interested in train physics? (auran.com)).

Thank you!

stagecoach said:
Just press the P key to unpause. The engine needs a driver allocated even if you are driving the train.​

Gosh I feel dumb, I should have thought of that!
Thanks!

The driver is not really obvious. And nowhere in the tutorials does it cover how to actually assign a driver. Might be something good to add to the very first tutorial.

Also note if you have further trouble getting a loco to move (Diesel) there is a bug where sometimes that is a problem. Solution is to hold down the "D" key to bleed off the brake pressure to release them.

Back