NG ROLLING STOCK BUILDS

Hi, I'd like to throw out a few thoughts and ideas regarding NG 3ft 6 Rolling Stock builds. In particular RS builds that were organised and funded by a sml group of NZR/KR dedicated individuals. Any such builds that were undertaken would be either present day Kiwi Rail vehicles or quite possibly earlier NZR heritage stock. At present and to my knowledge there exists only one site available were one can access freeware samples of NZ Rolling Stock, albeit earlier NZR 4 wheelers. If the 3ft 6 user wants more contemporary Rolling Stock assets then either he or she would need to (1) go about building their own particular RS asset, or (2) source a competent 3rd party TS builder to undertake any RS build usually on a commission basis. However usually such builds are beyond the pocket of many TS user's who although would like to see high end samples of both NG and SG Rolling Stock on there TS routes. Are financially constrained to get such projects intiated. One of the reasons' that has lead me to write this post, has been apart from the cost factor associated with commission builds. Is to relate to you ( In breif ) the steps that I have already taken to instigate a build of a Kiwi Rail 'USL' Log Wagon.I think that it would be fair to say that the majority of TS users' will be familiar with the work done by the US TS company 'Jointed Rail'.com. To whom I approached re an appraisal for a 'USL' build. JR's response was positivewhich included drawings and pic's of the car in question. However although their costing for such a build were quite competitive, for me to foot the cost singularly would be prohibitive. Though if the costs were shared amongst a small group of like minded TS user of say no more than 20 individuals, the cost for the construction of a USL wagon would be little more than $10.00 per individual. For which each contributor would receive the files for a top line build with features such as, realistic road grime and weathering, running numbers, and other facets of rolling stock realism. Given that this post can generate enough interest in such a concept and perhaps I may be excused for some lateral thinking , but I can see no reason why custom builds can not be created on a regular basis. If such a group could be instigated to bring about such builds, I could invisage that basic requirements would be regular contact and disscussion on proposed builds or projects.Other details can be worked through given that enough interest was shown by TS members.If indeed you feel that the concept is workable and you would like to express (pun unintentional ) your interest. Please drop me a message in the 'Private Message' link. Or if you know of a TS mate who may be interested in this post, please let them know . Cheers' and thnx's for taking the time to read this lot. Ross

Back