Narrow gauge screenshots

Download the ng30 North Bay 2.1 , just trying to work out the changed layot just so many of them, 1 set of tunnel portals at northbay portal not showing, but layot says no missing, no faulty.

Thanks in advance
Tom

Last edited:
Screen%20Shot%202015-10-18%20at%209.02.57%20AM_zpssksmiopn.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-18%20at%209.02.16%20AM_zpsyfes7ugk.png

This is a very small route, but there is still a little I haven't shown. I REALLY need to add some grass.

P.S. Notice Linda, I told you it was an old route!:hehe:

The 2nd hand locos for North Bay Clay R.R. from South African storage after there line was converted to cape gauge.
20151019_083955_zpsbdth9pxa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Alright then, I reckon I can throw my hat in the ring now!

Here's a route I'm working on. I don't have an official name for it yet, but for now I'm calling it Pueblo Creek.

waterhole_no_3_take_2_by_gunslinger87-d9ilqvs.jpg

a_train_with_no_name_by_gunslinger87-d9ilrzh.jpg

rock_dodger_by_gunslinger87-d9ilu2l.jpg

This is a freelance 30 inch gauge route I've been playing with. I still have a lot to do still, especially with ground textures. But hopefully you can get the feel for what I'm shooting for. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Not bad. Try the search "soil" in the textures box and there are a bunch of sand textures that work really well. There are more "soil" textures on the DLS. Also, check out Rooneth3808's Jerome and Big Thunder Mountain for inspiration. Great to see another NGer!

Not bad. Try the search "soil" in the textures box and there are a bunch of sand textures that work really well. There are more "soil" textures on the DLS. Also, check out Rooneth3808's Jerome and Big Thunder Mountain for inspiration. Great to see another NGer!

Thanks, I'll certainly check out those textures. I'm mostly been using JS seamless textures here and I rather like them a lot! This is one of several NG routes I'm working on, this one being "smaller" than my other's. My two BIG projects are the United Verde & Pacific, an Arizona 3ft gauge line that is absolutely amazing. And the second is creating a route based around Carl Fallberg's wonderful comic series the "Fiddletown & Copperopolis", a fictitious 3ft gauge California line. I may post some in-progress shots of those routes at some point, that is if anyone is interested. :)

If that's a reskin of narrowgauge's own models, it looks pretty good! Then again, if that's your own mesh you've built, even better!

It's recognizably Narrowgauge's model, and a very good reskin at that. I only wish I had diagrams for a C class...2'-gauge pacifics would be amazing to have in Trainz.

...I only wish I had diagrams for a C class...

You have an email!

It is a reskin of Narrowgauges's model. Not as good as I would like, I couldn't get the cab sheet lining on due to the mapping, which was designed for the later livery (could also do with some weathering). I sometimes think about doing my own version, but it seems silly to do that just to get a lined cab side...

You have an email!

It is a reskin of Narrowgauges's model. Not as good as I would like, I couldn't get the cab sheet lining on due to the mapping, which was designed for the later livery (could also do with some weathering). I sometimes think about doing my own version, but it seems silly to do that just to get a lined cab side...

Thanks again for the e-mail, and note that some level of weathering can work very well on these...I've added cloud layers to all the textures of the DHR stock in Trainz and the only ones that came out weird are the luggage vans. But the locos can take some weathering with no issue at all.

I might try some weathering, I thought about it as I took the screenshot, but wasn't sure how well it would work, but if you recommend it I'll give it a go!

Have you guys found the other DHR stock on the DLS, there is more than just the stock that is called up for the route. The later bogie stock has the dumb buffers added as an attachment so you could swap to knuckles or screw-hook There is also the Garratt made by Ben Neal and I think he did make the C class. Check his web site. The new NDM diesel is there as well, not with the best of texturing.

Talking 2 foot, the DLS has a 2 foot 0-4-0 mining loco and several matching mine cars. The Sandy River & Rangely Lakes, the SRRL is also a fertile field that does not seem to get much attention.

Now I will make an offer that I will regret in the morning but here goes. As I am unlikely to revisit any of my models for T:ane I will accept requests for the original meshes. If several people request the same model I will supply it to the Trainzer that I judge most likely to do the best conversion/skin job. convince me in your request. I will accept several requests for the same mesh if they are to be used for different railways with different skins.

This offer is not limited to 2 foot gauge, I will listen to requests for other gauges

Some provisos.
1) Early (most) models were made in Gmax, later ones in Max 9 or Max11.

2) if I can find the original mesh files. I have 12 storage drives to sort through.

3) The attribution in the config.txt must not be omitted and it must be spelled out in uppercase.

4) Nothing has been made in Blender but I do not object to Blender conversions subject to 3) above.

Don't overload me, I will do what I can.

Yikes! What have I just done.

Peter

Seems to be an explosion of 2ft interest on the forum at present!

Early screenshot from my T:ANE test route which has now grown into a full one!

And one from my just released route.

Back