Narrow gauge screenshots

Out of interest kevmt why don't you upload to the DLS?:rolleyes:

Most of my models are made with the sole purpose of publicising the relevant railways and, basically, to get people to visit their websites. Putting stuff on the DLS would not have this effect.

The Talyllyn are still happy to do this but, lately, the Ffestiniog (with a change of webmaster) have lost interest in trainsims and removed them from there updated site. (the old download page is still there, though). I was given the impression last August (by the GM), that the models would reappear on the new site but this has not happened and I now don't expect them to reappear. I have to admit I am dissapointed with this outcome, as I had spent many (literally thousands of) hours doing these models for the Ffestiniog at their request!

I have one, maybe two unreleased Ffestiniog models. If I do release them, then they will appear on UKTrainsim.

Kevin

Thanks for the reply kevmt, such a good idea promoting these other websites.Such a shame about the Ffestiniog though, still don't let this stop you producing such wonderful narrow gauge content. And i for one am happy to join the queue on UKTrainsim for your fantastic creations. :D

NIce work LLANBADARN, just say what I was gonna say. I will wait in queue to if its for the FFESTINIOG!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

What engines are you doing? (please be double Fairlies:))
Whatever creation it is, it will be loved by all.

Cheers, Daniel

Thanks.
Not a fairlie, I'm afraid. The only 2 locos I have near ready for release are Lilla and the Vale of Ffestiniog.

Kevin

My turn now ...

Schmalspur_3_01.jpg

Schmalspur_3_03.jpg

Schmalspur_3_04.jpg

Schmalspur_3_05.jpg

Schmalspur_3_06.jpg

Since there has been so much talk about the ffestiniog, i thought it was time to stir it some more.

Recently i was thinking that the sections that weren't stations needed some re-furbishment. So here we are.

Some backpackers wait for Penrhyn lady Blanche to cross the trail crossing just out of Tan-Y-Bwlch.
Ffestiniogset1-1.jpg

An overview of Lyn Mair. The railway can be seen in distance and there seems to be snow on the mountain peaks.
Ffestiniogset1-3.jpg

Blanche whistles just as she is about to plunge into the dark confines of the tight Garnedd tunnel.
Note: this tunnel was custom built by me:D.
Ffestiniogset1-2.jpg

(there you go fourjays5000, what do you think of the tunnel? Is it right?)

Hope you like it.

Cheers, Daniel

Last edited:
That looks really impressive 3830! I take it from your comment that you're just updating widowmaker's FR route, or did you start from scratch? (either way it looks yummy atm!)

It's a shame about the FR website not taking an interest in having your models there any more Kevin, silly as well really because as you say it's good publicity - it's the way I first discovered and fell in love with the FR.

benk87

Last edited:
I take it from your comment that you're just updating widowmaker's FR route, or did you start from scratch?

I'm updating widowmaker's version. I going with satelite imaging though. The section of line you see here is a completely new baseboard from the other (i think?)Now the old line (widowmaker's), is under those mountains. I also made a plaque to thank widowmaker.

cheers, Daniel

finally i can show off thhe S-W R

first off no.7 and 8 heading out of king's lynn with a goods train
kingslynnkn1.jpg

next no.11 pulling the express into scranton station

scrantonstationwm3.jpg

and finally the lord mayor shunts wagons into the coal shutes at weeting quay as no.27 brings in the 12:30 from scranton

weetingquay2te1.jpg

since it lloks like alot of NGers hang here. A couple days ago i got an urge to do someting different then my normal SG stuff. so I'm make a 3ft NG of a certian route (don't want to mention anything specific, but its american and non-western). I would like to know where I can get some good 3ftNG track, bridges, tunnels etc; i had poor luck looking on the DLS.

Peter

Ps. I might have some shots soon :)

@DaSnakke:

This ist just my first try on narrow-gauge, these days it´s not more than a 4-baseboard testmap, but it will be a complete NG-route one day (1000mm and 750/760mm as well, the plan is to build the map with this in mind and in the end just change the tracks from 1000mm to 750/760mm with TO :D )

Back