Narrow gauge screenshots

Is it not possible to make them rollable? Paulzmay has made rollable traffic stoppers which are likewise fixed track objects.

Yes and they actually do however the passengers also roll so they are not vertical, OK on a slight slope not on a 1 in 40 (2.5%) grade, though as they all lean badly to one side.

Got it down to 10m however annoyingly is suffering from the can't get rid of shadow as all the AJS invisible stations are, actually it's not a shadow it's the mesh the animation is attached to that's supposed to be invisible but isn't, it's slightly higher than the track....

normhart - The route with the full narrow gauge loop was 'Dearnby in Midwinter.' If this was a useful feature I may add it into Dearnby and District version 2. You're also right about the nature of the NG route. I saw it as the remains of a local NG line serving various local industries which had survived to 1960ish but which was struggling. Passenger traffic would be mainly workers travelling to and from the various workplaces but there could have been a limited amount of tourist traffic. No doubt a few years later the commercial side would have dwindled away and there would have been an attempt to turn into a fully tourist route...... We're hoping to make several improvements to the NG in 'Dearnby and District' for version 2.
malc - thanks.

Ah, that's right!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I'd also forgotten Dearnby Stone, rather a nice useful industry to have about. The loop would only be a useful feature if you are not contemplating expanding the NG line north. IMO some form of turnaround is needed at the northern end; turntable, loop, or wye. Something else that seems to be missing is an engine house. Other than the single bay shed at DOS and the open sheds at the Mills there doesn't seem to be much in the way of NG RR maintenance/support. I'd hoped I'd read your mind about the Dearnby Narrow Gauge Railroad (DNGR) (know as Old Danger amongst the locals :hehe:) Don't forget that the lads from Dearnby Hall would be contributing to passenger income.

As you can see I do love this route, thanks so much.

Edit: Always finding something new! Just stumbled on the Roman Fort. :D

Last edited:
Jumping in again re platforms, rectangular shadow issue fixed. :cool: Had to make a new animated mesh with attachments and bury the offending bit responsible for the shadow underground, the original mesh which was supposed to be transparent was at rail height and was generating a shadow, took me all evening to work out what was wrong and how to fix it as the offending mesh wasn't actually visible in mesh viewer.

Way to go Malc!

I'm not at all happy with this

but something like this with a bigger table and a smaller footprint might work nicely. I missed the changes here in the newest version. There seems more dedicated railroad support here now. :)

Last edited:
Ah, that's right!

(Picture snipped)

I'd also forgotten Dearnby Stone, rather a nice useful industry to have about. The loop would only be a useful feature if you are not contemplating expanding the NG line north. IMO some form of turnaround is needed at the northern end; turntable, loop, or wye. Something else that seems to be missing is an engine house. Other than the single bay shed at DOS and the open sheds at the Mills there doesn't seem to be much in the way of NG RR maintenance/support. I'd hoped I'd read your mind about the Dearnby Narrow Gauge Railroad (DNGR) (know as Old Danger amongst the locals :hehe:) Don't forget that the lads from Dearnby Hall would be contributing to passenger income.

As you can see I do love this route, thanks so much.

Edit: Always finding something new! Just stumbled on the Roman Fort. :D

Dearnby in Mid-Winter is a favourite of mine too and I always thought the addition of the loop was an big improvement over the original Dearnby layout.

Way to go Malc!

but something like this with a bigger table and a smaller footprint might work nicely. I missed the changes here in the newest version. There seems more dedicated railroad support here now. :)
Get me a table length, prototype you want it to be based on, and we'll talk. ;)

Uintah Rwy

a few more shots of recent progress on the mines on the Uintah , been working on the Rainbow and China Wall extensions.
12D66RE.jpg

Rainbow, the mine trenches need to be narrower , and fences put around the cuts, but this is close to complete .
QrKKT7n.jpg

just outside Rainbow where the extension to China Wall mine splits off from the rainbow branch .
VgKr3JN.jpg

Pigeon Toe mine , which we intend to make interactive eventually.
N6iW8uc.jpg

inside the canyon near china wall. this still needs more juniper and pinyon pine adding to the canyon walls.
vjJZJ3G.jpg

Augustine mine. Again canyon walls need more vegetation which i'll have another go at today.

Way to go Malc!

Personally I don't see the need for a turntable as British NG routes rarely had turntables and operated their tank locos bunker first on the return journey. In fact on my recent trip on the Brecon Mountain Railway, the tender engine worked tender first one way.

Gads I love your route too Dan, can't wait for the release.

As for a turntable at Dearnby, it was just a thought. The loop is quite fun but, if the NG is being extended north, there will be room for a wye if Neville thinks it necessary. I know that many remnant tourist railroads run without turnarounds but I have no idea whether that was standard construction in the UK back in the day.

I miss Ben too.

Gads I love your route too Dan, can't wait for the release.

As for a turntable at Dearnby, it was just a thought. The loop is quite fun but, if the NG is being extended north, there will be room for a wye if Neville thinks it necessary. I know that many remnant tourist railroads run without turnarounds but I have no idea whether that was standard construction in the UK back in the day.

I miss Ben too.
I'm trying to get it ready asap, the stretches I've just been working on , I've not bothered with adding the creeks, there are lots, but 99% of them are just scrapes in the ground and all are dry for most of the year , if I ever get the time I'll add them later after its released.

Dearnby is a wonderful route ( and Clams L & B also looks the goods.) I wish I had time to play with some of these routes as so much great quality is being created.
I too miss Ben , apart from having some great discussions with him , he was a person who would just go and make stuff for almost anybody as long as he was half way interested in the item and do it very quickly, very few of us fall into that category. :-(

Northbay county lumber pickup-1925

East Broad Top no.17 heads down to the northbay sawmill during the summer of 1925,

And someone caught the locomotive running down to the sawmill at the crossing,

No.17 was also caught on the trestle,

And soon was found with the flatcars loaded with lumber just after a minute or two after loading.

Then no.17 uncouples from the rest of the flatcars,keeping the idler flatcar as no.17 needs it to couple back onto the link-and-pin flatcars since she's a knuckle coupler locomotive,

And is soon at the wye (I think it's called that.),to turn around to couple back onto the flatcars,

And is soon turned around and heading back to the flatcars,

And soon is coupled to the flatcars once again,

And we catch her over the trestle once more,now delivering the lumber to it's destination.

L&B had a turntable, which I have already made, needs a bit of refinement.
In passing I wonder why they had it as it was the only one. I can only assume it was for turning rolling stock to even out wheel wear as I have never seen a photo of a L&B loco facing other than towards Lynton which is the logical uphill way to cover the firebox crown.

Yes that's actually what it was used for, turning the rollingstock, the Ffestiniog had one as well just past Boston Lodge Halt, it's still there, not connected to the railway but has a garage built on top of it.

The L&B wasn't a continual gradient up to Lynton either, Uphill to Blackmore, downhill to just before Parracombe then uphill to Woody Bay, highest point then downhill to Lynton, pretty much negates any need for considering the firebox crown. I have the gradient profile. ;o)

Finally I got the TRS2004 classic layout - the Sandy River railroad by Slugsmasher. I'm amazed by how well this beauty of a layout still holds up to T:ANE, with in mind that it was made over a decade ago. Note the reflection on the lake.
11sj9s7.jpg

29n9fza.jpg

Back