My Favorite Route Altered

boleyd

Esopus by Approach Medium is about as close as you can get to a snapshot of city life in 1935. I periodically enjoyed just roaming the streets The sense of reality was quite high. Proper to the era, people on the streets. street vendors selling their wares. Older cars were parked neatly at the curb. Building selection and placement were excellent.. Street cars, cobblestone streets with neatly aid track. Ornate brick buildings exactly as they were in their day. Yes, it was a pleasure to just virtually roam the neighborhood.

But, along came progress. UPDATE

Street vendors are suddenly without stands, curbs have been removed, streets have lost their way. The beautiful buildings are still there, but the atmosphere of their existence is gone. The art of Approach Medium has been distorted by missing elements.

Make way for new and "better". Trainz development is the reason, but, with no regard to the past. Move On! PBR, HDR, etc. are the revenue sources of the future.

When I go to Approach Medium and click on Dry Brook and Esopus, it says "Coming Soon". Are you saying you have the latest update, or is it only because I am not logged in there?

There's also the Tane version (which I own) as shown on jointed rail site. But it certainly doesn't fit the description given.

Try looking for the Hudson and Western route. I came across it while reading messages on this site, and keepI it as a backup.

It has some differences. from the Esopus route.

I got the Esopus route at least nine months ago. I merged it into the route I am now finalizing with sessions.

I do not expect a solution but I offer it as a complaint toward the constant updating without regard to obsoleting active assets.

Also, the route fails under 2019 as well.

As I said, when I become snarled up in routing instructions it was nice to just take a train there and enjoy the scenery. As a young child I remember some of the names of businesses. The automobiles pre-date my childhood but they look better than the auto stuff I see today.

Oh, if you are interested, a good series is The Alaskan Railroad on Discovery. It features problems encountered, and the equipment and techniques used for correction.. See how a three foot section of rail is cutout and replaced in a 17F temperature.

Last edited:
Back