Mixing UK semaphore and colour light signals

that diagram is what i would like to be able to do on a second screen. It would be so much easier to manage many more trainz at once.

Solved.

I have cloned a "Left Junction Combined" signal, and made it into a 4-state signal, that is with Stop, Caution, Advanced Caution and Proceed states. The visual display for Caution and Advanced Caution are the same - with the stop arm "Off" and the distant arm "On". The diatant arm stays On if the next signal is at caution.

I have also cloned a semaphore stop signal and similarly made it into a 3 state signal, although this time the Caution and the Proceed states are visually identical.

So now I have a sitaution where Signal 1 Distant only clears to Proceed (both arms Off) when 2 AND 3 are both "Not Red". If either - or both - of them are red, then distant 1 stays On.

Just as the prototype!

I have a sitaution where Signal 1 Distant only clears to Proceed (both arms Off) when 2 AND 3 are both "Not Red". If either - or both - of them are red, then distant 1 stays On.

Just as the prototype!

Thanks for your comments.

I should emphasise it is the colour light signal that creates the problem. If I was using all semaphores, including a semaphore distant for the next box, the scripting in the signals would handle it all correctly - even down to requirement that a stop signal is only cleared when the train is "at or nearly at" the signal.

Back