Map error

edresch

Thanks all for yr help on parallel tracks.

Now the next issue im having.

I have completed my 1st map in Surveyor. When i try to run it in Driver it freezes. I've looked in Content Update and have the following messages:

Asset 'maps td' has unknown or missing 'kind'
Asset 'mapstd' has bad or missing KUID

I've checked in my custom folder and the config file is showing a KUID. Content Dispatcher shows under Add Asset 'caution error' next to the map file and has an error message 'cannot add this content as you don't appear to be the owner of it' Your user ID: 348524 Content ID: -2

Not sure if its relevant but i DID start this map from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

Frustrated.

You have not edited your kuid. Open the auran/2004 folder and look for edit kuid open and place your kuid number into it. Now when you save your kuid will be attached to your content. As for your map you will need to open the maps config and change the kuid to 348524:***. You will also need to find the session in the profile folder and alter the config replacing all the old map kuid numbers to the new map kuid number (i think it appears three times maybe two). it should all now work ok.

While on this subject, I have the same problem. Mine will show error and freeze both on Driver and Surveyor (Map or profiles). Helpdesk suggested a corrupted file. But this layout has been on the works for more than 4 years! Back ups are not updated, so I will miss a lot of work. Is there anyway of knowing what has happened? And can it be corrected?

llebrez,

I am very sadened to hear this.:(
Does Auran mean you have a corrupted or otherwise defective third party thingy? If so I expect CMP or such could point this out for you and you could delete it.
Are you using TRS2006?
I sure hope some one has a better reply than mine.

Auran said "I may have a corrupted file" Not for sure. And I did not received an answer of the error screen, so I have no idea why this is happening. I could start deleting content one by one until it works, but this is very tedious. I have already gone through KUID checking and making sure sessions have the proper address (KUID), but again, the problem happens in MAP, with or without sessions. Please if anybody has any ideas, let me know.

I sure hope some one can help llebrez.
"My" Mangonia RR version 1-1, on the DLS, is based on an early version of llebrez's Mangonia. After all his work on it since then, it must now be spectacular.
PLEASE help him!

Back