Lost VMD Geeps

UPbigboy

Happy Alco-haulic
Hi all,

I happened to look through another thread in the forum and came across a GP9 in Southern Pacific Black Widow paint. According to the caption below, the model was created by VMD (Virtual-Motive-Division).

spcoolstl4.jpg

Title (Way Back Machine) Nostalgia:A picture is truely worth a thousand words... (Loco VMD cars Magicland, route Highland valley)

Apparently the model was maybe in a few color schemes like SP, UP, ATSF, etc, but I have been unable to find them. I happen to model virtually in Central to Southern California, so getting these models would be a great help to me.

Does anyone have a link to the download or the files? and could I possibly obtain the link or files if it's not illegal?

I can't seem to find a contact to talk with VMD about the topic, but if anyone has a email I can use to contact them, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
MLW

VMD went down a while ago...they're trying to get it back up, but they don't have the geeps yet. they used to be payware, but now, as i understand it, they will be coming back freeware. unfortunately, only the Norfolk and Western (N&W) engines are back and the trucks don't show up in TS2010.

hope that helps

@sawyer811

what trucks are you using for the N&W GP9s...

I have two I use in 2010...

GP9 N&W HSH v1,<kuid:38408:70>
GP9 N&W HSH v2,<kuid:38408:71>

Both these units work fine....

Trucks are... bogey <kuid:38408:50116>

Can't remember if I had to repair the trucks for 2010 or not,
but they work now. If you need a config, shout.

AL

Thanks,

That would explain why I haven't been able to get a hold of VMD, however, it opens another mystery.

I was once again looking through some forums and came across another set of GP units, in ATSF black and Santa Fe blue and yellow. It was not said where they came from but another post seemed to point toward a
www.virtualtrain.com. I looked it up and the site is no longer available, but the post of the image of the units was recent. So where are these units coming from???:confused:

MLW

Back