London-Brighton journey in just 2:47 min

The idea was 'borrowed' from a film made in the 1950s, from the cab of the Brighton Belle - you can see it here, although the quality is poor.
I seem to remember the original music being in tune. :)

Last edited:
Hi Laika

I want to do this route (although learning) but there are cuts in that video, trust me.

On the other hand, the BBC must have a copy in there archives which was London to Brighton in 4 minutes. They used to screen it whilst waiting for the next programme, decades ago!!

Chris

Hi,

Thx Andi06 for that info. i didn't know they borrowed this idea. Nice vid.

Greetz laika:wave:

Thanks Laika, well worth knowing and I've bookmarked the page. (I used to live near the Brighton line and practically know the southern half off by heart!!)

Chris

Last edited:
Both films were produced by the BBC and the 2m47s one had a different soundtrack. I only hope that whoever posted that clip has the BBC's permission or else we have another example of youtube piracy.

Incidentally the original 4m film's soundtrack was recorded in the studio and apparently included a vacuum cleaner among other devices. This was of course long before the Radiophonics Workshop (best known probably for the original Doctor Who theme) whom I think were resposible for the soundtrack of the second version.

There is also a Birmingham to London in 5min version.

Last edited:
Back