LMS Combined Gantry

warrenup

Have been trying to fix a number of signal assets and succeeded in all except this one
Have tried deleting the reference to name but that has not worked - have also done pm2im with strip enabled and many others.

Error: Attachment point att (a.name0) in 'mesh-table\default\effects\0' was not found.

Error: The attachment point 'a.name0' must belong to the parent mesh of the effect (mesh=LMS Combined Gantry.im).

Any suggestions appreciated.

CONFIG:

region "Britain"
type "LMS"
kind "mosignal"
function "TrackSignal"
description "LMS Combined Gantry
2004/2006 compatible This content is updated and rereleased with the kind permission of Jetstreamsky, Jetstreamsky's eula apply's
Acknowledgement to Rod Young (Comtrain) for guidance on operation, spectacle colours and source soundfile and to Klaus Malorny (KlausM) for figuring out all the signal animation techniques"
trackside 0
light 1
category-class "WA"
category-region-0 "UK"
category-era-0 1900
category-era-1 1910
category-era-2 1920
category-era-3 1930
category-era-4 1940
category-era-5 1950
category-era-6 1960
trainz-build 2
script "signalimpl-2"
class "SignalImpl"
signals
{
{
light 0,2
}

{
light 1,2
}

{
light 1,3
}
}
lights
{
{
corona "Signal Corona Red.bmp"
}

{
corona "Signal Corona Green.bmp"
}

{
corona "Signal Corona Amber.bmp"
}

{
corona "Signal Corona Green.bmp"
}
}
mesh-table
{
{
mesh "LMS Combined Gantry.im"
auto-create 1
anim "LMS Combined Gantry.kin"
animation-loop-speed 0

effects
{
{
kind "name"
fontsize 0.08
fontcolor 255,255,255
att "a.name0"
name "name"
}
}
}
}
soundscript
{
arm_drop
{
trigger "armdrop"
attachment "a.sound"
distance 5,150
nostartdelay 1
repeat-delay 1

sound
{
}
}

arm_raise
{
trigger "armraise"
attachment "a.sound"
distance 5,150
nostartdelay 1
repeat-delay 1

sound
{
}
}
}
asset-filename "LMS Combined Gantry"
username "LMSR Combined Gantry"
author "Alex23"
organisation "nul"
contact-email "ain00774@bigpond.net.au"
contact-website "nul"
license "This content is for use with licensed Auran Trainz software and shall not be modified and redistributed without the authors written permission and ackowledgement in the rereleased asset. Modification for personal use is permissable without any such communication. Inclusion of any asset in any payware is strictly prohibited unless prior permission is sought and agreed."
thumbnails
{
{
image "screenshot.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}
kuid <kuid:193148:1067>
kuid-table
{
}

PEV has a tool to add attachments, so you could add the name attachment, it's probably on a board for the signal's number. Or you could just delete the effect section that places the name on the name attachment point and do without the signal number on the model.

Either works.

Hi

Try opening the asset for edit and then open the mesh with the latest version of PEVs Trainz Mesh Viewer. Once you have the mesh open, right click on it and select View Attachments. This will show the mesh in wire frame view with the position of all the attachment points shown. The box at bottom left will allow you to click through all the attachment points one at a time and will show the position of that attachment by turning that attachment point yellow. You will then know if that attachment point is actually in the mesh or if it has been mis-spelt. If it isn't there you can safely delete that section from the config file as mentioned above. If you think it has been mis-spelt then alter the name in the config file. I'm not familiar with that particular asset so I don't know what the error is.

Regards

Brian

Finally got the error to clear - name did not exist in the mesh - and neither did sound. Kennilworth, I didn't realize the latest edition of mesh viewer had the attachment feature, I was using an older version. I found I was chasing after something that did not exist.
Thanks to all for help and suggestions - I put way too much time into this but did not want to quit before it was finally "fixed".
lewisner, I do have the S&C add on - what should I be looking for as a replacement gantry?

Last edited:
Back