Items are Goup Locked

Phalos

I have trouble with a route I want to edit.
No matter if I open and save the route in route or session layer, the items don't want to unlock.
When I want to edit an object or spline it says $grps_edit_tool_item_locked
Is there anything I can do?

When I want to edit an object or spline it says $grps_edit_tool_item_locked
Your post does not indicate if your have TRS22PE and are using Surveyor 2.0 or are using Surveyor Classic in either TRS22 or TRS22PE.

Check the Layers Palette (in S2.0) or the Layers Tab (in S1.0). Are any of the layers locked? If so unlock them.

Or select one of the affected objects and check its layer setting (in the S2.0 Info Palette or in the appropriate Tools tab in S1.0). Is it in a locked layer? If so, unlock it.

Repeat the edit attempt and see what happens.

Hello and thanks.
I don't know what you mean by S2.0 or S1.0
At startup it says Build 123799.

May you provide any screenshots where I can find those tabs or palettes?

I will assume that you have TRS22 which only has Surveyor Classic (or S1.0).

Click on the Layers Tab to open it and show the layers in your route and/or session. The number of layers and their names will vary between routes and sessions.

Each layer will be shown with an eye icon and a padlock icon.
  • The eye icon will be open (layer visible) or closed (layer hidden)
  • The padlock icon will be open (layer unlocked) or closed (layer locked)
Left click on a closed padlock icon to unlock the layer and allow the assets in that layer to be edited.

Don't forget to save your changes which will also save the locked/unlocked and hidden/visible settings of each layer.

Layers-in-S10.png

For the record, and somewhat aside "$grps_edit_tool_item_locked" shouldn't appear. Its a variable which shiuld be replaced by an entry in a language file.

So, bug maybe?
It does appear "off". The $ to me means that this is a string variable that is supposed to be replaced with some actual value and not be displayed.

It does appear "off". The $ to me means that this is a string variable that is supposed to be replaced with some actual value and not be displayed.
Correct. And when theres no actual value to retrieve, the variable name gets displayed.

If I double click on Content Manager and open the details window for an asset, then highlight text in it and right click, I get similar lines that clealrly are supposed to be "Cut, Copy, Paste..." In English. (TRS19)

I just tested moving and deleting objects in locked layers using S2.0 in both Trainz Plus and TRS22PE. In all cases a normal text message "Item Layer locked" or "Some items locked" appeared with no string variable holder.

In Surveyor Classic no message appears at all.

I just tested moving and deleting objects in locked layers using S2.0 in both Trainz Plus and TRS22PE. In all cases a normal text message "Item Layer locked" or "Some items locked" appeared with no string variable holder.

In Surveyor Classic no message appears at all.
That's good to know. At least N3V fixed that in Plus.

Back