Interactive Industries

Trainsimguy

Ive been away for quite some time. Computer crashed with no hope to bring it back :( . I just managed to get a new computer :) . Now Im haveing the joy of reinstalling everything.
I come across my Trainz 2006 and thought to come here and see how everyone has been. Boy have things changed! A new forum set up. SP1 is out and ready for download. Wow! Ive missed alot.
So before I begin my questions. How have you all been? Good I hope. I remember a vibrant, helpfull community. Cant wait to get back to some fun filled conversations.

Now for my questions, or question depending on if I can get all I had wanted to ask while I was at work into something understandable here :). From what I remember you can actually pick up and deliever to various industries, right? I remember that was one of the things that really appealed to me when I first bought the game. What are some recommend layouts for those that love different industries as well as some passenger service's?

Im going to spend several days just trying various things and (as soon as I find it from the move) read the manual. Thanks in advance for any info or advice given. Its good to be back and talking to everyone again.

The Industrial Wasteland route built in to TRS2006 has all the 2004 industries except Multiple Industry. Urban IndustRail is available form the DLS, sadly it is a big route, with dependencies about 150mb.

btbat

Hi Trainsimguy --

The missing dependencies are the coronas needed by the signals. KlausM removed the coronas from the Download Station some time back, but you can find them here:

http://www.users.on.net/~pskene/coronas.zip

If you need some help setting up the interactive industries, find the folder containing the route and follow the links in the readme that is there.

You will also find several sessions for this route on the Download Station. Just search under my name.

Good luck,
Phil

Thanks a lot philskene! Grabbed the coronas and I'm now grabbing your sessions.

EDIT: Missing ONE dependency out of the whole set: 30671:92711390:1 - going to keep looking, I'll update this if I find it.

EDIT2: Found the problem! http://www.trainzproroutes.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4581
Now I just have to figure out how to edit the config.txt. Everytime I edit it in notepad it never shows up in CMP.

Where do I find the maps and readme file? I'm using TRS 2006.

Last edited:
84 –

Run CMP, scroll down the list to find the route or session, right click and select “Edit in Explorer”.

Windows File Explorer will open at the folder containing the route or session, and you should be able to see the readme and map files.

Phil

84 –

Run CMP, scroll down the list to find the route or session, right click and select “Edit in Explorer”.

Windows File Explorer will open at the folder containing the route or session, and you should be able to see the readme and map files.

Phil
So THAT'S how you do that! Thanks for the tip! I should have known that because I've done that before.

Back