Im a bit Dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominikB

A month ago I received delivery of my commission a repaint of a Dash-9, however on delivery I was warned the cab would be faulty and this would be fixed ASAP. However a month or so on, I haven't heard a thing from JR about this fix even though I emailed a fortnight ago. I would appreciate if this was fixed as it ruins an otherwise stunning repaint.
Dom

The issue arises due to the cab shell. Each locomotive uses a separate one for the interior view only, which is what you see of the locomotive out of the windows. Unfortunately, this means each locomotive must receive a unique skin for the cabview, along with model adjustments in some locations. This is time consuming and difficult as it also requires config and mesh editing. Was this commission completed by Jointed Rail, or others?

It really is unfortunate that they couldn't get to your issue... I hope this gets resolved as soon as possible, for both your sake and Jointed Rail's.

This is a prime example of why n3v needs to do something new with the interior setup. Needs to be more like an invisible cab inside the locomotive mesh with just the control stand, gauges, ect.. This is where Railworks excels

I never received this email otherwise I would have replied to it.

Send it to support@jointedrail.com and we'll get it figured out. Albeit we may not be able to get it squared away until early next week as both parties who do the cab shells and such will be out of town until that time period.

I wrote directly to the person handling my commission, which is why you will not have received it as he said he would be fixing it. The fact its not fixed isnt the issue, just would have liked an email to say how it was coming along :)

I wrote directly to the person handling my commission, which is why you will not have received it as he said he would be fixing it. The fact its not fixed isnt the issue, just would have liked an email to say how it was coming along :)

Got your email...we will get it taken care of as soon as the guys return to the office on Monday.

This is a prime example of why n3v needs to do something new with the interior setup. Needs to be more like an invisible cab inside the locomotive mesh with just the control stand, gauges, ect.. This is where Railworks excels

A good quality cab interior will have a lot of mesh detail since your view is at close range all the time your in the cab view. The total polys of the interior mesh can match and sometimes exceed the exterior shell. When your view is from the interior of the cab there is a tremendous amount of the bodies mesh that you will never see on an average locomotive so why have your computer render those polys. Likewise when your in the exterior view you can't for the most part see all that fine detail of the interior of the cab so why force the Sim to render things that are not seen and are smaller than the pixels of your monitor? It's all a matter of trying to optimize the visual verses performance.

Bill

A good quality cab interior will have a lot of mesh detail since your view is at close range all the time your in the cab view. The total polys of the interior mesh can match and sometimes exceed the exterior shell. When your view is from the interior of the cab there is a tremendous amount of the bodies mesh that you will never see on an average locomotive so why have your computer render those polys. Likewise when your in the exterior view you can't for the most part see all that fine detail of the interior of the cab so why force the Sim to render things that are not seen and are smaller than the pixels of your monitor? It's all a matter of trying to optimize the visual verses performance.

Bill

Hmm. Now that you put it that way, it does make a good bit of sense. I suppose in Trainz it would be best to optimize the performance over the visual. Thanks Bill

JR and N3V might want to take a look at how my 1963 VW Beetle is set up. It has an invisible cab with attachments, and the actual interior is in the exterior mesh, with outside-visible-fron-cabin 1 in the config to let there be a mesh and also the texture swaping of the mesh, and cabin-visible-from-outside 1 so that the windscreen wipers work in the exterior view.

It can be made so the exterior doesn't need a complicated cab in the mesh too, just requires a few parts in the interior mesh that aren't in the exterior one.

Kieran.

JR and N3V might want to take a look at how my 1963 VW Beetle is set up. It has an invisible cab with attachments, and the actual interior is in the exterior mesh, with outside-visible-fron-cabin 1 in the config to let there be a mesh and also the texture swaping of the mesh, and cabin-visible-from-outside 1 so that the windscreen wipers work in the exterior view.

It can be made so the exterior doesn't need a complicated cab in the mesh too, just requires a few parts in the interior mesh that aren't in the exterior one.

Kieran.

This^ Yes. Capt. I've used your beetle and know exactly what you're saying. This would be a great interior idea design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back