How to operate passenger car doors?

I just searched the Wiki for a table of keyboard shortcuts and failed to find one. I also ran a search for passenger doors and failed to find anything that looked relevant.

The most common way to do this is using driver commands.

Doors will open and close automatically at stations when using the Navigate to or Drive to command configured for a station followed by the load command. When a passenger train stops at the station, the doors will open and the passengers will teleport on and off the trains.

The other method uses a Navigate to or Drive to track mark followed by door-open and then door-close commands. Since this method is manual, there are Door Open Right, and Door Close Right, and the corresponding left-side commands.

Unfortunately, there are no keyboard shortcuts by default. This would have to be custom programmed for the train. I came across some for operating Russian or Ukranian trams. I don't know what the key combo is but there was a console switch to do that. This was one of only a few switches I could figure out due to their Cyrillic text tags.

I was wondering that yesterday. I usually let the AI drivers do all the work as I am more of a route builder rather than driving. I prefer using cab mode over DCC as it is more realistic, particularly if there is an interactive cab.

go have a look at my EMU's that are on the download station, when i built them the doors would only work at a passenger enabled platform. if that helps you could use the script that is in the file.

There is a settings page for editing keyboard shortcuts. I haven`t looked specifically for a command to operate the doors, but you might be able to find something there worth adding a keyboard shortcut for.

Back