Help IN Finding

dhd951

Hello All, My son has just installed the Trainz2006 software on the computer. His sole purpose of wanting this software was to drive an Amtrak train. He can't seem to find and download one to drive can anybody direct me to help him. I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong area and if anybody can help I appreciate your help.
Thanks, Dwight

Searching on AMTRAK, there are 9 locos on the download station in TRS2006, and a grand total of about 29 in all versions of Trainz. Do you mean that none of them are driveable???:eek:

Hi, and welcome to Trainz

TRS2006 comes with an introductory version of the Marias Pass route (a more extensive version is available as payware.)

There is an AmTrak driver session already installed for this route where he can watch the A.I. driver operate the train.

When he's ready, he can tell the A.I. driver to stop the train and then take-over operation himself.

What you are looking for to get started is built right in... you need look no farther; until you are ready to expand.

~Rick

Hi, and welcome to Trainz

TRS2006 comes with an introductory version of the Marias Pass route (a more extensive version is available as payware.)

There is an AmTrak driver session already installed for this route where he can watch the A.I. driver operate the train.

When he's ready, he can tell the A.I. driver to stop the train and then take-over operation himself.

What you are looking for to get started is built right in... you need look no farther; until you are ready to expand.

~Rick

One MAJOR failure of that session is that yes, it's a Superliner train, but it's being pulled by ATSF SD40-2's! Look for the F40PH on Amtrak Geek Zone or maybe the P32's (the ones in use nowadays) and replace the ATSF's with one or two of those.

Back