Graystone Cement Plant

leeferr

thanks for the memories
Woke up this morning and felt like creating something, so here's a shot of the Graystone Cement Plant. Any thoughts?

graystone_cement.JPG

Looks nice and a moderate size.:)

I was tyring to figure out recently, what products does a cement plant take in, if any? And if it does, where would you put a receiving track on your model or would you use the same one for shipping and receiving?

Well the raw product is usualy called CLINKER and is mined and exported as a large granular ( pieces between 14cm & 60cm with plenty of dust)
I have transported this onboard ship many times from Mersin(Turkey) to South France for Lefarge Cement C°
discharge is normaly by crane & grab, loading the same or by elevator
other products used are lime and chemeicals but dont ask me what
go to the site of a cement company you will probably find something about the manufacturing prosesses

Well the raw product is usualy called CLINKER and is mined and exported as a large granular ( pieces between 14cm & 60cm with plenty of dust)
I have transported this onboard ship many times from Mersin(Turkey) to South France for Lefarge Cement C°
discharge is normaly by crane & grab, loading the same or by elevator
other products used are lime and chemeicals but dont ask me what
go to the site of a cement company you will probably find something about the manufacturing prosesses

Other raw materials include calcium, silica, aluminum, iron, gypsum, lime, chalk and blast furnace slag. There are other assorted chemicals involved. I've included another shot of progress so far.
Mike

graystone_cementrev.JPG

Looks great! Is it a building or an industry? I know you can make it interactive by adding a Lars track to it but was just wondering.

Fred

Haven't got the talent to make it an industry yet, but I hope to learn. Right now, you can make it interactive with the outstanding LARS tracks.
I'm still working on some add-ons to it, so it's not ready for release yet, but it's getting close.

Now learing how to make some track for a station or in this case, a cement plant would be handy information. I would need it, especially for my new station building process.

Looks great keep it coming:)

Daniel

Now learing how to make some track for a station or in this case, a cement plant would be handy information. I would need it, especially for my new station building process.

Looks great keep it coming:)

Daniel

In TRS04, I use one of the track objects that is interactive. I believe they're built in content, but not sure. I'll look up the kuids first chance I get.

Edit: I looked them up. They are TPR content and on the DLS under KUID 30671

Last edited:
you are welcome ... keep up the great work!!!
Side note: Auran own TR06 interactive track can be use. Look for cement product at the DLS ...

:)

PS I've done a cement plant but will not be released until this summer, however, it's good to see more plants of the same kind ... I believe that that there should be many different looking plants, but making the same product ... in this way, you get a good varies of plants (different looks)when creating a huge route that might call for 2-3 etc plants of the same product!

thanks again and I agree with you. I'm a firm believer in a variety of industries for the same product. All cement plants, power plants, etc. shouldn't look the same. I'll be looking forward to seeing yours.

thanks again and I agree with you. I'm a firm believer in a variety of industries for the same product. All cement plants, power plants, etc. shouldn't look the same. I'll be looking forward to seeing yours.

Sorry for the long wait ... it's coming this summer ... I upload bulks of items so it will be part of that huge package ...

Ish:)

Back