Google Maps Railfanning Section (READ RULES!)

I know, its just an inside joke with myself 'cause almost every other BNSF train I saw in Google street view had at least one dash-9 on it.

Seven double stacks and seven cement hoppers... Why? :confused:

Because stacks usually do not move in manifest trains, especially ones that are doing local switching at a cement plant. Best guess the containers are loaded with bulk cement and were loaded at the cement plant.

John

Bakersfield Ca. UP 841 GP38-2 and UP police caboose. I wonder where the cops were when the artist were painting away

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@35.3...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sJJarEFUC9OPTtVv5yMTM7g!2e0

Bakersfield Ca. UP 7809 AC45CCTE
John

That caboose is in Trainz. I made it about 8 years ago, without the graffiti, as it didn't have any on it then and they didn't have the air conditioner units on it then either.
Here's the kuid number 39134:100204 Bay Window Railroad Police Caboose

Ooops, sorry! You'll have to do it manually

You can get this to work if you use Chrome. It appears Google wants everyone to use Chrome so this is one of the first things they have broken. This used to work fine in Firefox, but it no longer does in the current version.

On another note... I went through that area last year during a storm chase trip. We were on our way north to OKC after chasing in south western TX.

John

You can get this to work if you use Chrome. It appears Google wants everyone to use Chrome so this is one of the first things they have broken. This used to work fine in Firefox, but it no longer does in the current version.

On another note... I went through that area last year during a storm chase trip. We were on our way north to OKC after chasing in south western TX.

John

I don't have any problems with Google/Firefox.

John

Back