Glass Framerates

EverTrainz

Electric Blue
Hello, I plan to build a PC with a budget of around $500. I have the core components listed below.

Processor: AMD FX-6300

Video Card: Radeon R9 270 2GB

Here is where the trouble appears, though. Is the video card and/or processor good enough to run Trainz 12 at a good Framerates, nearly smooth as glass? I am completely new to the PC Building world, and am getting adequate help on Tom's Hardware. I have other options for graphics cards for Trainz 12, like the GTX 650 Ti Boost. Another few considerations were the Radeon HD 7770, GTX 560 Ti, and the Radeon HD 7850. Is the processor going to be able to keep up with my simulation (mostly very big maps, 20-30 baseboards)? If so, which graphics card should I choose? I settled on the R9 270 since it got the highest framerates of Battlefield 4, with the average being 71 FPS, and the minimum recorded framerates being 61 FPS. That sounds like it will run Trainz 12 at atleast 30-40 FPS, since Trainz 12 does take quite a bit of graphics-card juice to run well... So which one should I go with? :)

-Sincerely, Ron

Last edited:
Hello, I plan to build a PC with a budget of around $500. I have the core components listed below.

Processor: AMD FX-6300

Video Card: Radeon R9 270 2GB

Here is where the trouble appears, though. Is the video card and/or processor good enough to run Trainz 12 at a good Framerates, nearly smooth as glass? I am completely new to the PC Building world, and am getting adequate help on Tom's Hardware. I have other options for graphics cards for Trainz 12, like the GTX 650 Ti Boost. Another few considerations were the Radeon HD 7770, GTX 560 Ti, and the Radeon HD 7850. Is the processor going to be able to keep up with my simulation (mostly very big maps, 20-30 baseboards)? If so, which graphics card should I choose? I settled on the R9 270 since it got the highest framerates of Battlefield 4, with the average being 71 FPS, and the minimum recorded framerates being 61 FPS. That sounds like it will run Trainz 12 at atleast 30-40 FPS, since Trainz 12 does take quite a bit of graphics-card juice to run well... So which one should I go with? :)

-Sincerely, Ron
If possible, I would hold off for a bit on building a new computer until we find out exactly what Trainz a New Era needs to function smoothly, so you don't get a new computer and have to build another one at the end of the year to play the next edition.

Back