German Signals

karl1dlp

Does anyone know if there are any NEW German signals that will work with SP5 and Interlocking Towers? All the older scripted signal are not working since SP5

They no longer work due to stricter error checking required for scripts. The scripts did things that caused poor performance or crashes and N3V developers have been enforcing the error-checking. Prior, these were only warnings and warnings mean that at some point in the development cycle of Trainz, warnings can become errors and they did with SP5 for TRS19 and for the current service packs for TRS22 and Plus.

The history of this dates back to TRS2006. Prior to TRS2006, there was minimal if any error checking done on assets loaded into the program. Instead of flagging typographical errors and missing textures on assets or stopping outright faulty or poorly written scripts from loading, the early versions including TRS2004 just loaded the assets. Loading these assets and scripts allowed them to appear to work, but they didn't always work reliably if at all. The program performance was poor, crashed randomly to the desktop, or did other unreliable things worse than we have today.

Starting with TRS2006, stricter error-checking was introduced to flag faulty assets for repair and prevent them from loading. This early iteration stopped many things, mostly typographical errors in config.txt files and many other quick fixes but not like it is today. As each subsequent Trainz version was released, the error checking has been stepped up and with TS12 it got stronger due to the outcry from the community regarding poor performance. T: ANE introduced timeouts for scripts to ensure fewer stutters and stops along with a stricter enforcement on LODs and asset polygon numbers among other things.

Today, we have even more strict error checking than before and now these scripts among others have gone from warnings to errors. With the content being user-created, it's up to the content creator to update his or her scripts. If the assets aren't updated by the content-creator then the task is moved to the few volunteers belonging to the Content Repair Group to take on the task.

They no longer work due to stricter error checking required for scripts. The scripts did things that caused poor performance or crashes and N3V developers have been enforcing the error-checking. Prior, these were only warnings and warnings mean that at some point in the development cycle of Trainz, warnings can become errors and they did with SP5 for TRS19 and for the current service packs for TRS22 and Plus.

The history of this dates back to TRS2006. Prior to TRS2006, there was minimal if any error checking done on assets loaded into the program. Instead of flagging typographical errors and missing textures on assets or stopping outright faulty or poorly written scripts from loading, the early versions including TRS2004 just loaded the assets. Loading these assets and scripts allowed them to appear to work, but they didn't always work reliably if at all. The program performance was poor, crashed randomly to the desktop, or did other unreliable things worse than we have today.

Starting with TRS2006, stricter error-checking was introduced to flag faulty assets for repair and prevent them from loading. This early iteration stopped many things, mostly typographical errors in config.txt files and many other quick fixes but not like it is today. As each subsequent Trainz version was released, the error checking has been stepped up and with TS12 it got stronger due to the outcry from the community regarding poor performance. T: ANE introduced timeouts for scripts to ensure fewer stutters and stops along with a stricter enforcement on LODs and asset polygon numbers among other things.

Today, we have even more strict error checking than before and now these scripts among others have gone from warnings to errors. With the content being user-created, it's up to the content creator to update his or her scripts. If the assets aren't updated by the content-creator then the task is moved to the few volunteers belonging to the Content Repair Group to take on the task.
@JCitron -

Is this why all of the German FORM Haupt, GSig, HSig an VSig Signals by bpanther, do not animate any longer?
Same with all German Crossing gates.

Some of the FORM signals animate, partially, or if they're used in block signaling, they show green open aspects, but all the rest do not animate, and always show red closed aspects.
None of them auto-detect switches within their sensor radius. You can manually type in a switch name, and hit enter, the options menu for each signal reads that no switches are detected, BUT the switches are still linked to the signal and do operate.

I haven't tried any of the BUE signals, but I'm not sure they will work with the TRC system I use either.

Rico

Last edited:
That is the reason, Rico. The issue I have is N3V didn't say anything about the enforcement occurring and just pushed the buttons, leaving many people stuck including the CRG who is trying to come up with a solution for this now.

TRC works, so why wouldn't the BUE signals work?

That is the reason, Rico. The issue I have is N3V didn't say anything about the enforcement occurring and just pushed the buttons, leaving many people stuck including the CRG who is trying to come up with a solution for this now.

TRC works, so why wouldn't the BUE signals work?

I'm going to try the BUE signals and the older 2.0 ones by KlausM.

A thread on trainz.de mentions the KlausM signals are working.

I'll report back, if they are.

Rico

Well, @JCitron,

No real luck with the KlausM signals. They don't even have an adjustable detection radius feature

The BUe signals are all modern, lighted types. I can't configure any of them either. They seem to not have a menu for that. Maybe they have an auto detect system, but not knowing whether a signal and switch are linked makes experimenting a pain.

Going to see if I can find some Polish or other Countries signals that use the old swinging signal bars, gas lights and have a configurable menu system

Rico

Last edited:
@karl1dlp , @JCitron and anyone else wanting a (possible) set of FORM signals, please pop over to this this thread and respond to post no. 23 by @MatthiasGose.

LINK >>> Update zu Signalen

He is offering a possible set for use, if interest is high enough.

Rico
I "liked" the post by Matthias. I agree with him. These should be made available on the DLS for easy access rather than having to scout around the world for the signals, besides, should their FTP server go belly up again, the content will be safe.

Back