full world online routes

gp382009

for the past six months ive been working on a project that will allow all players and rail fans to invite a world wide route. i have been working on the united states, and have been having issues getting the textures for it. so far i have a 45 mile stretch of rail on the mainline from utah. this includes one yard from the interchange of the union pacific and southern pacific. after working on this for a while i have found that the whole file will be around 500 gb give or take. if anyone has any textures or content that would work for this route i would be glad to have it. i plan to release this by late 2016 if everything goes well

That's a huge project!

Not to discourage you, but I noticed you do not have TS12 registered and therefor probably have no experience with multiplayer. I strongly advise you to get TS12 and download (and play) a massive route like the UMR. This way you can experience that the scope of your project probably is to large for even a heavy gaming PC to handle. Maybe you have to reconsider the scope of the project or (if you didn't have this in mind already) make really mini-continents to still have a "full world" view.

im still working on finding a physical copy of 12. if you can locate me a copy i will be glad to buy it. i could not find it on the TRS website but i know its there

i have experience on routes on trs 10, though i do not have it regestered i have it. i currently have a route that is verry heavily detailed. and i run it at 60 fps so far. it is a line i built from Fond du Lac WI to midtown Chicago. i included all the detail as a fully prototypical route, down to the last blade of grass. i am going to be expanding it up into michgan soon making it a total of 400 miles of track (excluding yards and shops)

Back